Memories? Pictures of the gatherings and parties of old!

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Just had a thought folks- how about we have a thread where we post the best piccies from all our big meet- ups over the years- the North and South events, Mark's post G Rail parties, Netty's Lytham gatherings etc etc.

Whaddya think? I ask 'cos my laptop died a couple of days before we moved across to here, so I've lost all my photos, and of course the GSM ones won't be about for much longer...

I've not got any worth posting myself, so I'll leave it to you folks :)

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Wouldn't it be better if they appeared under seperate threads, one per railway. Otherwise we could end up with hundreds of pics on one thread.

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Doug - 26/10/2009 4:05 PM
Wouldn't it be better if they appeared under seperate threads, one per railway. Otherwise we could end up with hundreds of pics on one thread.

Best idea is probably to put them into album(s). If you haven't already explored it, have a click on the album button under the main menu.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Oh, awright then!

Forgot about the albums feature I must admit.

Doug, I thought it'd save having loads of threads of old news.

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
I think only the owner of an album can upload pics to it, not everyone who has been! Might have to see if Lisa can change the permissions on some albums.

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Doug - 26/10/2009 5:07 PM

I think only the owner of an album can upload pics to it, not everyone who has been!

You are correct! However, you could nominate an 'event coordinator' and then have that person put them into an album. Presumably he/she would have the photos anyway if you share them around?

This is only a suggestion - there's no pressure to avoid big threads. You are free to choose whatever works best for you as end-user.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
I just like looking at pictures!

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
OK Matt, If you agree, we can PM you photos for YOUR album.
I suggest we keep the photos to Group shots and party themes rather than too many of actual railways (Did I just say that?)

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
That's actually what I had in mind Alan. However I have no idea how this albums thing works...

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
You click on Albums (box - top left) and then click on new album (box top right) and just browse and copy over (150Kb I think)