Meetings in Cumbria for newbies

Chris Wright

Rev-Up
7 Jun 2016
Cumbria, penrith
Best answers
Been on the forum a little while now. Videos on my Utube channel but my question is are there any members in Cumbria, UK? If so could they make themselves known and maybe we can have meets at each others tracks occasionally. You can learn so much this way.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Have you looked into the GSS (G Scale Society) group for your area, Chris? They most likely have a good network already established.....

Jon.

Chris Wright

Rev-Up
7 Jun 2016
Cumbria, penrith
Best answers
I already looked Jon and nothing for Cumbria but thanks for that anyway.

Reece

First time for everything
9 Oct 2016
County Durham
Best answers
Hello Chris I'm from County Durham so not too far away.
I haven't got a railway yet just starting to get the pieces together to build one.
What's your YouTube channel I'd love to have a look at your railway

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Cumbria is in the NW GScale area. We have a few Cumbrian members. Our meetings are the 3rd Saturday in the month at St Alban's Church Hall in Altrincham.
The next will be 19th November 10am-2 pm. Entrance £2.50, bring stock to run if you wish. Dealers usally in attendance and drinks pies and pasties available.

Chris Wright

Rev-Up
7 Jun 2016
Cumbria, penrith
Best answers
Thank you for that but I was hoping for others to be nearer. Altrincham is almost 2 hours from north Cumbria. I will politely pass on that, sorry. Just hope more in Cumbria could be interested. Cumbria is bad enough getting around without going further afield.

Chris Wright

Rev-Up
7 Jun 2016
Cumbria, penrith
Best answers
PS I am organising the first model rail show at Rheged Exhibition centre March 2017 and hope to have G scale for 2018. That is the plan.

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
PS I am organising the first model rail show at Rheged Exhibition centre March 2017 and hope to have G scale for 2018. That is the plan.
The portable layout Coal Valley Mining might be available although at present we are only taking bookings for 2017.