GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I see Massoth will be shortly providing add on sound units.... the eMotion S

eMOTION S Sound Decoder
Universally applicable sound decoder for analog and digital operation; equipped with a SUSI interface and a 3 Watt output stage.
82x2100a_340px.gif

eMOTION S The tiny sound decoder.
The eMOTION S sound decoder has the same sound features as the XLS sound decoder.

ANALOG AND DIGITAL OPERATION
ll sound features are available at the lowest voltages possible. A stabilized analog operation is guaranteed at 5Volts.

NMRA DCC and LGB® MTS
The eMOTION S supports the full NMRA protocol. The eMOTION S features an automatic detection of LGB® MTS signals which makes this sound decoder ideal for all generations of the LGB® MTS system. The bus interface may be used with Massoth/LGB® OnBoard or SUSI protocol. Fits into all G-Scale locomotives like Bachmann, USA-Trains, Aristocraft, Accucraft, KISS

AUTHENTIC SOUND in digital quality

The eMOTION S sound decoder produces authentic locomotive sounds in digital high-level quality. Massoth uses only sound recordings of original locomotives adjusted to the sound decoder's technology. The eMOTION S may hold more than 2 minutes of sound. This enormous capacity is sufficient for a variety of additional high-quality sounds. The sound decoder features a 3-Watt high-performance output stage. The volumes of all 16 sounds may be adjusted separately.
Massoth utilizes top-of-the-shelve technology paired with state-of-the-art processing ensuring reprogramming via the programming track. This guarantees that all decoders may be updated at any given time as well as for all new decoder generations to come.
Note: A sound upgrade or firmware update may only be done with our http://www.massoth.com/en/produkte/8175001.en.php < Link To PC-Module (8175001)!

Summary of features:[*]Digital sound module[*]16 kHz sound processing[*]Capacity of sound memory + 2 minutes[*]Analog and digital operation, SUSI interface, LGB® OnBoard[*]Analog operation starting with 5 Volts[*]3 Watts output[*]User-friendly terminals to connect
loudspeaker,
external volume control and
pulse generator[*]Additional terminals for
power buffer
2 function outputs
2 contact inputs[*]Wide range of sounds available[*]Updatable via PC-module
SCOPE OF SUPPLY:
The eMOTION S comes with an attached power cable and the SUSI interface cable.
In case your locomotive does not provide a loudspeaker you may choose one from our wide range of http://www.massoth.com/en/produkte/82410x0.en.php < Link To loudspeakers.[/b]

Measurements: 35 x 20 x 12 mm (plus 2x 5mm extensions which may be cut off)

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
wow, i think massoth have now covered everything!!,so i effect, its a add on sound unit for anolog, or chipped locos.. brill:clap:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
mike said:
wow, i think massoth have now covered everything!!,so i effect, its a add on sound unit for anolog, or chipped locos.. brill:clap:
Speaking to Brian at Glendale about this and he feels dietz sound card might make it cheaper to fit sound via the "susi"

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
This looks interesting, I'd be interested to know how much these units cost.

I have fitted most of my locos with sound via the 'SUSI' interface, using the Dietz MicroXS units. They cost about 79Euro each.

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
Dietz also have the recently updated X-clusive-S, which has more feature than the microXS and I guess is more comparable with the new Massoth unit.

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Cliff George said:
This looks interesting, I'd be interested to know how much these units cost.

I have fitted most of my locos with sound via the 'SUSI' interface, using the Dietz MicroXS units. They cost about 79Euro each.

Brian at Glendale was thinking of the micro chip and I think he was expecting a combined price of about £120.00ish