Massoth cv programmer V1.5

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Hello all:

I want to do extensive programming of a Massoth M decoder by using the Massoth programmer v1.5. I have been unable to locate the txt file for the M decoder, any idea where I can locate one.

Second, all the Massoth decoders txt files supplied with the Massoth programmer are in German, any idea where I can locate English txt files.

thanks

Mohammed

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Use this link and select the English Flag for the UK language. Then go to the Download Center. You will need the ref No. of the item that you are looking for and a UK Language Version (look at the later pages as it begins in German usually) will be downloaded in .pdf format.
JonD

http://www.massoth.com/index.en.html

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the reply John. I am familiar with the link you provided but the information I need is nowhere to be found at that link. If you where to download cv programmer v 1.5 from that link, you would find that all the Massoth decoder programming files are in German and that the M decoder programming file isn't included at all. On the other hand, LGB decoder programming files are provided in both German and English.

Mohammed

mbendebba

Registered
14 Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Phil, Merry Christmas. I have solved the problem by creating my own M decoder file. After looking at the files included with the Massoth cv-programmer, I used Microsoft Excel to create a similar file, save it as a comma delimited file and used the comma delimited file to read and write all 127 cv values of the M decoder. It worked fine. I am now working on the file to make it more complete and more flexible.

Mohammed

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
Hi Mohammed, not spoken for a while think this should help you:nerd::D:clap:

http://www.massoth.com/dlbereich/down.php?kategorie=2&gruppe=58

I was just about to post a query re extended (I.E. beyond the Forward/Reverse and Interior lights which I understand) lighting using Massoth decoders. However downloading this I find that they have changed the way they describe the lighting outputs on the decoder. Great at last, they are NOT in this document described as F6 etc.

I suggest that anyone getting confused with an existing Massoth decoder installation download and print out this document and keep it in a binder.
JonD

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Massoth are standerdising their documentation, I believe to remove the confusion between Function Output X and Function Key X. Function output X - the physical accessory output terminal - is being called Ax (rather than Fx).