Massoth Booster

DRG11

Registered
14 May 2011
Roman City of Bath
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

I already have the Massoth setup and was going to get the Massoth Booster to allow 2 seoerate sections to run (ive 2 lines at different heights joined by a loop line + a spur to a station ) not sure if I still need this Booster thou ?,

All the locos will have sound fitted and most are 2 motors so there will be a power draw there, running approx 2 or 3 on each line so would it be better to have a Booster to reduce the power draw thus separating the top and bottom lines with there own power supply ?

I was going to get this a while back but never got around to it, but as im nearly ready to run more trains any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you .

Of course then threes the problem of finding somewhere to get one from at a reasonable price , any ideas if I go ahead ?

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I would first determine if you "need" one.... by checking the amount of current being drawn on your existing setup. If you are nearing the 12A max of the 1210Z then maybe consider it.

You would need a 8137501 DiMAX 1202B Booster and a 8135603 PSU.

I will send you a PM regarding "ideas".

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
I run 5-6 dual motor locos with sound, smoke units, and lighted passenger cars on a single 1210Z and usually am only at about 5-6 amps, so it has plenty of headroom. You could look at dividing your layout sections with digital circuit breakers. You can set the trip levels on these and effectively set up powering routing on your layout. I have 3 different circuit zones and a reversing section using PSX breakers and auto-reverser. 3 of them cost $100 in the US, so unless you NEED to run more than 10-12 amps its unlikely you need the extra booster.

Last edited:

Lucky13Seleven

Registered
24 Mar 2021
So cal
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

I already have the Massoth setup and was going to get the Massoth Booster to allow 2 seoerate sections to run (ive 2 lines at different heights joined by a loop line + a spur to a station ) not sure if I still need this Booster thou ?,

All the locos will have sound fitted and most are 2 motors so there will be a power draw there, running approx 2 or 3 on each line so would it be better to have a Booster to reduce the power draw thus separating the top and bottom lines with there own power supply ?

I was going to get this a while back but never got around to it, but as im nearly ready to run more trains any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you .

Of course then threes the problem of finding somewhere to get one from at a reasonable price , any ideas if I go ahead ?
I have 2 of the 1203B boosters I’m fixing one and selling the other