Massoth Auto Switch

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent, You are becoming a master of auto running Obi-One.

The next time you are down this way it would be great to see you again and have you talk me through the things that I would have to do to set something similar up with two of my separate sections on my layout.
I have all the point motors that I need now and a couple of Massoth switch decoders and have worked out the points that will be paired or even tripled etc but as to auto running well that is still a dark art to me :confused:
Of course, at present, my trains can just trundle around the individual sections at the moment but interaction at stations etc and even crossing from one line to another section is the next step.

There are times when, on an evening, a glass in hand with bantering going on, that auto-running would be just the ticket.
I will be purchasing a feedback module soon and plenty of multi-core cable!

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Very good Shakin' Roland!

I like the way that ICE snakes around your curves too....

bigjack

Railways of all shapes and sizes G 00 and big en's
24 Oct 2009
On the sunny North Coast of Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I have a feedback module running 3 shuttles, what else is needed for auto running?? :thinking:

BTW, very impressive :clap:

bigjack

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
55.5 said:
Having just taken a trip around the EM &BHR (also very impressive) I would have thought a switch decoder could allow you automatic bi-directional running (If you dont already have it)
Thanks for the compliment :) I'll have to update that video as the railway has changed a little since that one was made.

I have switch decoders, I can see I'm going to have to look into this more. I assume, that it's a matter of setting the feedback unit to set the switches, is that correct ?

bigjack

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I think I'll have to put my thinking head on ;) :D

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Wish I'd a thinking head instead of a muddled one!

Nice work Roly - the fruits of your work demonstrated so well on your videos - the train looks great too. I'm very impressed:clap: