Marklin Gauge 1 S/18 Bavarian Pacific runs again!!!

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to Mike Darby of Chuffed2bits. A few years ago it was left on the track cooking, while the 'drivers' went off to get a cup of tea and a bun. Apart from frying the electronics, there was substantial damage to the valve smokebox and external plastic parts [they melted into dribbles of black stuff], the valve chest and steam port block as well as the internal actuator bits. Being part-Marklin/part- Regner, it proved to be VERY difficult to get parts, but nevertheless, it got done. It has had THREE rebuilds, but this time, Mike took the bull by the whatsits and gave it a good shaking. The set of five passenger coaches is half the ten-car train that goes behind my Aster Br01, and I think it looks great, with a nice even beat and pleam of stume in the still air.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks to Mike Darby of Chuffed2bits. A few years ago it was left on the track cooking, while the 'drivers' went off to get a cup of tea and a bun. Apart from frying the electronics, there was substantial damage to the valve smokebox and external plastic parts [they melted into dribbles of black stuff], the valve chest and steam port block as well as the internal actuator bits. Being part-Marklin/part- Regner, it proved to be VERY difficult to get parts, but nevertheless, it got done. It has had THREE rebuilds, but this time, Mike took the bull by the whatsits and gave it a good shaking. The set of five passenger coaches is half the ten-car train that goes behind my Aster Br01, and I think it looks great, with a nice even beat and pleam of stume in the still air.

The real thing will be running at the Plandampf in Nordlingen in the next week or 3.