(Mark Found's) The garden railway series- Now officially on the tube

Tony

Model railways
28 Feb 2010
East coast Essex
www.facebook.com
Best answers
I think the problem comes when you ask or "employ" an "expert" but you have fixed ideas of your own
Imagine asking any of the Top TV chefs to cook your christmas dinner but insist they cook the sprouts the way your mother did :thumbdown: none of them worth their salt (pun intendend) are going to accept..or at least stamp their little feet in the process

It seems to me you either let them do it and accept the way it turns out.... or gather advice from different sorces and do it yourself.... and when it comes to something like a railway the main reason we are even contemplating building one is because we have memories and infuences from long ago.............. Some of us maybe rubbish at turning those ideas into reality which is why we come on here and ask stupid questions of you experts :clap::clap:

I mean 6 tons of hardcore 18" thick to support some flimsy brass rail (me thinks someone had shares in a quarry)

Tony

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Ok all, there is no need to dish David's good name - any more and the moderating team will act. He builds garden railways his way and that is that. He was employed to do a job and he did it. Met him at the Wickham show and he seemed a nice chap.

Henri

refuses to grow up
6 May 2016
Hoeksche Waard - Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Due to a voluntary ‘extreme heat lockdown’ and the fact I met this wonderful man & woman highly interested in garden railways the other day, in search of information for them I came across this wonderful series!!!

I loved all episodes! Best part are the garden railways shown. In my own bubble it is all LGB-ish, what a treat to see so many live steam and different gauges!

must see for each starter!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Have you also found the Building a Garden Railway series of programmes?

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Due to a voluntary ‘extreme heat lockdown’ and the fact I met this wonderful man & woman highly interested in garden railways the other day, in search of information for them I came across this wonderful series!!!

I loved all episodes! Best part are the garden railways shown. In my own bubble it is all LGB-ish, what a treat to see so many live steam and different gauges!

must see for each starter!
Henri, I watched the series (again) when I considered moving to Garden Railway, and it is a source of inspiration, but like all these things, you pick the bits that suit your own circumstances.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
A 'breadcrumb' for you..

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
If you really want to learn how to do things, Zac has some great concepts.But pease do not follow his example when flattening down concrete. There are aroun 8-10 of this series. All seemingly very madcap, highly entertaining with some surprising learning points thrown in.

Reactions: 1 user