Main Line Thurnby

main131

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Happy New Year and thanks to all those folk that have supported Thurnby during 2009 and brought along their live steamers, electric and battery powered, and yes we have had clockwork as well.
See you in 2010 for lots more fun
Main131
c7c576cc74db4a7e9e845ef6c55abe25.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

GANDYDANCER

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leicestershire
Best answers
Trevor. Thank you for your hospitality during 2009 and here,s looking forward to 2010.

Best wishes
Rod

main131

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
tac said:
main131 said:
Happy New Year and thanks to all those folk that have supported Thurnby during 2009 and brought along their live steamers, electric and battery powered, and yes we have had clockwork as well.
See you in 2010 for lots more fun
Main131

The pleasure, I assure you, is all mine! The opportunity to steam at Thurnby is not something to be missed, and I'm very grateful for the chance to visit you there.

Looking forward to more great times to come in 2010!

Best wishes

tac
http://www.ovgrs.org/ < Link To www.ovgrs.org

PS - Trevor, what an interesting painting - I'm guessing that it was either done a good while back [look at the hedge] or has been done 'in the style of yesteryear'. I love it!

PPS - Did I by any chance leave a pint of steam oil under the bench after my last visit? Sort of thing you can't miss, until you miss it, that is.
hI tac, Thanks for comments
The picture was painted for me about 12 years ago and shows a Great Western 4-4-0 County class running in G3 scale. (64mm)
As you know the lines were subsequently twinned with 45 mm track.
The railway was biult 2 years prior to the picture and of course the hedge has grown. track increased and with a seated gazebo in the middle.
The only surplus oil I have is a bottle supplied by Brandbright which may be mine but could be yours?
I do have a box of yours however with some RC equipment in plus a half eaten sandwich.
Do you want me to save these?
Trevor