Maiden run of Titley Court on my new railway

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
I will make a new thread for this one. How about a short video of my Bassett Lowke Titley Court on her maiden run on my completed layout. Still need to level the table up as there is quite the downgrade on one side. Thus the need to temper the speed a bit prior to the curve. We dont need her rolling over due to excessive speed now do we? Smooth run, front pilot axle needs a bit of attention, one wheel has a bit of a wobble to it. But for a nearly 100 year old model, she runs well.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Smashing, and as you say, for a centennial loco, so smooth

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I will make a new thread for this one. How about a short video of my Bassett Lowke Titley Court on her maiden run on my completed layout. Still need to level the table up as there is quite the downgrade on one side. Thus the need to temper the speed a bit prior to the curve. We dont need her rolling over due to excessive speed now do we? Smooth run, front pilot axle needs a bit of attention, one wheel has a bit of a wobble to it. But for a nearly 100 year old model, she runs well.
Nicely run, I wonder if you would consider Radio Control of just Regulator? This will give you the ability to keep her in check. Bit rare for Gauge 1 Live Steam but not unknown, the Gauge 1 gang are slowly catching up with Technology.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Lovely!
A few nice heavy coaches on the back will soon bring the speed down to more manageable levels.....

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
I notice that the dogs were extremely interested ;);)

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer manual control most of the time. The layout is very unlevel at the moment. A friend will be coming over here soon with his laser level to help me level the layout out. That will help with speed, the engine is very controlable compared to say an Aster that likes to run at warp speed with barely any throttle given to it. She has a nice stack talk when running light, should speak up nice with a good load to pull. Later in the run, my Siberian Husky puppy, 4 months old, was watching me or the train go round and round. Mike the Aspie

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer manual control most of the time. The layout is very unlevel at the moment. A friend will be coming over here soon with his laser level to help me level the layout out. That will help with speed, the engine is very controlable compared to say an Aster that likes to run at warp speed with barely any throttle given to it. She has a nice stack talk when running light, should speak up nice with a good load to pull. Later in the run, my Siberian Husky puppy, 4 months old, was watching me or the train go round and round. Mike the Aspie
I'm always worried that my pride and joy will come to grief if I have no control, sprinting after a wayward loco may give some entertainment and exercise, I'd rather be in some sort of control. Very Obviously Rule 8 etc

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
I plan to put a low guard rail of some sort around the curves to catch a model should it derail. Mike

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I plan to put a low guard rail of some sort around the curves to catch a model should it derail. Mike
Damn good idea. After seeing my pride and joy take a dive, I wouldn't go without

artfull dodger

Registered
12 Apr 2012
Kokomo, Indiana USA
Best answers
Country flag
Careful trackwork, giving the line an inspection prior to running and making the first few laps at a slow speed while walking with her is my normal routine. If anything is out of normal, I either let her sit with the blower on lightly or shut her down and fix the issue(s). A proper load to pull helps tame the speed as well, but that isnt in the budget till next year. Mike the Aspie