Magazine for American railfans

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
I called into my favourite newsagents this afternoon just in case there was a magazine that I might want to buy. I already bought Garden Railways, Great Western Railway Journal and Back Track last week, so I was not anticipating anything of interest.

To my delight I noticed copies of DREAM TRAINS on one of the shelves. This is a superb magazine, published by Kalmach of Garden Railways fame, and has details of many American named trains of yesteryear. Some wonderful 'old favourites' can be read about in its pages.

Ideal for reading at times when tv is unappealing. :happy:

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
Following a question sent to me I should clarify that this BOOKLET (more than a magazine I suppose) is correctly entitled Dream Trains 2.

It is not a monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly magazine but a 'one-off', Still worth getting if US outline is your metier.

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
[H2]hi..this is zorchman ere...so i got over 200 mags in my loft tht i dont want them anymore...so anyone who mite want it pls drop me a pm ok..thks....[/H2]

vsmith

G Scale indoors, O Tinplate, Micro Layouts
24 Oct 2009
Sunny So Cal
Best answers
Country flag
Shawn said:
Thanks I will have to check it out. ANother great magazine for those into logging is Tall Timbers short lines and timbertimes. Great stories and great photos.

FYI: "Tall Timber Shortlines" went under last August, really sad to see that one go away.