Lining out your Loco after Locolines Stopped Trading

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Oi loikes Trimline tape oi does

13e6afe46ac04f8880898c52a5c3ab0d.jpg

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Good result Gareth.
I have used trimline for straight lines and right angled turns but were the curves difficult?

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
Cyclone said:
Anyone used a paint pen to line with.

These have been suggested in another forum
http://www.cultpens.com/acatalog/edding_780_Paint_Marker.html < Link To http://www.cultpens.com/a..._780_Paint_Marker.html

I have tried using an Edding pen but found it difficult to get a good result. You have to exert even pressure on the pen to get even flow so I found my lines looked uneven. It is also easy to get a blob at the start of a line. I did not persevere and went back to using trimline (although even the thinnest trimline is a bit bold for my taste).

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
beavercreek said:
Good result Gareth.
I have used trimline for straight lines and right angled turns but were the curves difficult?

A doddle mate. Slow and steady is the key. It has a bit of give so you can sort stretch it slightly to lay in the curves.

That's probably the tightest curve I've attempted with Trimline though. Wouldn't fancy going any tighter, but hey if it goes wrong, you can just lift it off.

Enginehouse

Amateur Radio, 16mm/G scale railways
24 Oct 2009
Peterborough
Best answers
Interesting thread. Thank you.

Roy who ran Locolines is still trading doing the kits and the waterslides transfers. He has an online shop at...

www.rail-roadmodels.co.uk.

railwayman198

Registered
24 Oct 2009
East London
Best answers
Country flag
3Valve said:
beavercreek said:
Good result Gareth.

A doddle mate. Slow and steady is the key. It has a bit of give so you can sort stretch it slightly to lay in the curves.

That's probably the tightest curve I've attempted with Trimline though. Wouldn't fancy going any tighter, but hey if it goes wrong, you can just lift it off.
The tightest curves I have managed using Trimline are on my Criccieth Castle. You can see how I struggled to keep the lines parallel on the tight curves. It has stayed on ok though.
e7cd182139a340e58fd0ace6db1ab07c.jpg

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
railwayman198 said:
3Valve said:
beavercreek said:
Good result Gareth.

The tightest curves I have managed using Trimline are on my Criccieth Castle. You can see how I struggled to keep the lines parallel on the tight curves. It has stayed on ok though.
images
That is a very handsome diesel