LGB69572 sound tender question.....

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
That's a strange way of doing it!!!

In theory the decoder should plug directly into the sound card, there should be a number of sockets that line up with the pins on the decoder it will only fit one way, if so just cut off or secure and insulate the brown,white,green and yellow wires and that should be it...

will try and take a picture tomorrow of one for you.

ExeterGeek

Registered
30 May 2011
Exeter
patiorails.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
steve parberry said:
That's a strange way of doing it!!!
In theory the decoder should plug directly into the sound card, there should be a number of sockets that line up with the pins on the decoder it will only fit one way, if so just cut off or secure and insulate the brown,white,green and yellow wires and that should be it...
will try and take a picture tomorrow of one for you.
Thanks Steve.
I look forward to a photograph.
I think I understand the bit about plugging the 55021 into the sockets, and I think the black plastic bit needs to go back onto the top of the motor unit, not sit over some pins on the 55021. My next question and problem - which I can see from the diagrams is that the motor block has 4 wires coming of it - two yellow and a brown and a green. At the moment these are matched up with the appropriate wires on the decoder. So, if no longer linked up with the decoder then presumably they go onto the circuit board somewhere ? And I'm looking at a soldering job ?
Chris

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
It the decoder is plugged directly into the "mother" board it should work in serial mode. As there is only 1 function from the decoder in serial it gives one pulse when 1 is pressed & two pulses when 2 is pressed operating the whistle & bell.
This strange way of connecting also accounts for the variable brightness light. If the decoder is plugged into the "mother" board the lights will be fed from the decoder, which they aren't at the moment.

Don't forget to check the DIP switches

ExeterGeek

Registered
30 May 2011
Exeter
patiorails.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Assuming I can get the bell and whistle to work, my next question will be a CV setting one.
The plan was to pair it up with a factory chipped LGB Porter 22771.
F1 on the Porter is the smoke.
F1 on the tender should be Whistle, F2 should be the bell.
Is there an easy way to move the smoke (or the whistle) to a different Function button ? (still yet to get my sprog up and running)
Chris

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I think the tender is fixed. It should be easy to change the smoke. F7 seems to be fairly standard for smoke.