LGB White Pass diesel question

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
for those that have both the 2055 and the 2155S-ie non-sound and sound respectively-

i am finding that my sound version has a unusual 'threshold' for starting to move-
it does not jerk but it does seem to start all of a sudden compared to a very smooth and gradual start off by the non sound counterpart-

while they have different starting voltages due to the sound-the sound version just doesnt seem to 'glide' into movement the same way the non sound engine does

is this typical?-both are properly lubed and there is no binding on either-but i cannot get the sound version to crawl forward from dead stop, you know, just barely moving

-it will crawl once voltage is raised and then slowly reduced 

using a high quality power source, analog

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Steve could it be the Capacitors in the sound system powering up and charging? Try running it for a bit and then try?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
no, its not that 
its powered up 

it just seems to not move as smoothly
i cant articulate quite why but it seems mechanical in nature-like ever so slight drag-perhaps the commutators or the like-its just not silky smooth like the other 

so paul how are things out in sunny CA?

been cold here until this week-now its about 55 mid day

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Bloody cold mate, only got to 60f today and it's been raining all week! I have to scrape the frost off the car in the mornings, and I have to run the heater in the shop...................still it will be spring soon................................

But until then a nice sunny picture..................

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i know SF can get really cold-

but, its still nice-i like the season's change-how esle coudl one justify a hot toddy?

long ago i used to live in LA and remember being there around xmas-
not exactly like a trad xmas season

pic looks like Sutters Mill-very nice 

minimans

24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
We used to go to the beach on Christmas day when we lived in Huntington beach! Just like he Guys from Oz................

Traincol

G.Gauge.N.Gauge.Photography.
26 Oct 2009
Lancashire
Best answers
Hi.
Mine runs fine with sound on or off.Had it running in the snow tonight.