LGB wagons hooks

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
I am trying to attach extra hooks I have attached the spring but can't find a way to insert the pug as it is all in black it doesn't help, your advice please Les

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
It should just push in Les. You might have to pinch the bit that pushes in with a pair of pliers first to make it easier.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
the plug is like a split pin les, it will pinch in, it has a tab at one end, insert(ow matron) the tab end 1st..twist as u push it in, (oiw er)8|

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Many thanks chaps Keith normally does it for me but he's very busy, I will try again to-morrow Les

jameshilton

Registered
22 Nov 2010
Near Llangollen, United Kingdom
ejklr.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
IIRC the ones I got at Christmas would only go in one orientation, so try 'rotating' in your fingers until it feels like it's sitting in, then apply a little pressure and it pops straight in :)

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I have found that if you place the pin in the wrong direction, i.e. the half round facing the wrong way. This allows the pin to be pushed in most of the way. Just as the head of the pin hits the top of the receptacle, keeping pressure on it, turn it to the correct position and finish pushing it in. This method has worked every time for me. In my experience, the two prongs want to separate if you try pushing the pin in in the correct orientation. A small pair of needle nosed pliers speeds things along.

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
i find that a pair of needle nose pliers can help in the intial insertion-as noted you must not split the shaft-
sometimes the pin can be inserted willy nilly -and then rotated while being pushed in to slign the 'half moon' with the receivng notch on the couloer shank

another method i use is to simply insert the pin and then use a nice pair of regular pliers to gently but firmly push the pin home

they do vary a great deal in tension-the older versions being difficult but firmly lokced-the newer being softer plastic i guess, and -they can pull out under certain conditions-usually a wreck in my case

good light and a steady place to do the work helps-i never do this trackside

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Many thanks for all your help I have now finished putting in the pugs, I think mine were the old ones as I had to use a light hammer to push them home Les

Dinas Bryn

Registered
13 Mar 2010
Best answers
Thats a lot better way than I did it, I'll have to remember that if there is a next time Les