Lgb Trams With Connections For Trailer Lighting.

van5

Talyllyn Railway. I of M, Old Land Rovers
24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
:( One of my daughters has given me for Father's day an LGB trailer 3500 with lighting.
The LGB trams I own (22355 work car set and 21360 Cologne street car) not have the appropriate connections.
What tram do I need to buy to go with the 3500 trailer?
Or is there a clever fix?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag

also, the 20202 blue set has the proper plugs as does the
21355 cream and forest green open platform set, as does the original
red one, and the christmas set and the anniv set.

the yellow ones are common, and if you are patient, you should be able to find not only a 2035-usually about 150 US, but also another yellow trailer, which makes for a tiny little yellow train. These are my favorite colors among the LGB tram offerings, I loved the Cologne version too, but they were short lived.

the simplest solution is to buy a two wire LGB connector as used in the modern lighting sets, since your trolley do have plugs, just the modern version,
and simply put the old marklin style plugs on one end. if you're really cheap or cannot find the marklin plugs, often on fleabay, you could double up the wire and simply stuff it in the holes. not as secure, but if you get it right, or solder on a thicker bit, it does work.

I would think, that , you could, possibly, add metal wheels and pick ups, and have it self contained,quite likely the least intrusive way, or, pull the roof and add a ready made LED light and use a coin battery supply.

or,
add a wired tether to one of your others, obviously tapping into the track, and then off to the trailer, using old style marklin plugs.

one thing I have seen, which I like a lot, is to take a 2035, and remove one platform end with headlamp, and swap it with one platform end of the trailor unit, so that each end of the UNIT has a headlight for point to point operation.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
??? Can anyone tell me the difference between
LGB 2035it-4, LGB2035K and LGB 2036it
all I believe have trailer connections.

van5

24 Jan 2010
Great Barr, Birmingham
Best answers
Country flag
May I add to the list: 2035it1 and 2035it2. again alleged to have trailer connections.