LGB technical and Track PLanning guide copyright 1987

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
I just received a rather well used and somewhat tattered version of this book.  Typically I have seen it sell for between $50-100 US on ebay-mine was $20.00 US.

This book focuses on ready designed layouts of every size and type of operation, and in depth technical assistance with electric analog operations.  It has some photos used over the years in LGB catalogs, as well as others I have not seen before.  I think this is a superb resource for those new to the hobby as well as well seasoned.

I happen to love looking at LGB rolling stock photos and POLA accessories, and this book has many interesting photos of various layouts, rolling stock of the era and accessories.  It has by far the greatest depth of technical tips and analog information I have ever found.  I also have Explore the World of LGB, a 1990 version, and while a fine book, it has less information overall, but does touch on digital operations which pre-dates this older edition.

There are a great number of layouts and station configurations, all planned and ready to implement, along with the space needed, in cm and feet-most helpful-and often omitted from layouts shown in Explore the World.  There are also a good number of photos of the prototypes upon which the LGB models were based.

There are extensive tips on signals and interlocking systems as well as block operation, and other anachronistic aspects of electric train operations.  Best of all, while I love free lanced layouts, this book shows some great ideas of well thought out layouts which can be used in whole or in part.

If you enjoy the overall LGB system, its history, and simply the fun of looking at photos and pictures, I highly recommend this book.

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
I've had mine since 1987!! signed by the translater Vince Morgan. As you say it is a great resource for technical info on the old EPL system and track layout in general. I wouldn't part with mine.

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
These are great books.:clap:

Secret, look for them on eBay in the book section, not the LGB section. I got a perfect one for around $25 that way from a S/H book seller.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
I picked up a mint condition (English text) copy last year from German eBay, still in its cardboard outer slipcase, looked like it had never been opened; got it in a double deal with a copy of Greenberg's LGB guidebook, also in English, paid about £40 for the pair. A very good buy in my opinion!

Jon