LGB Switch Decoder CV1 - how do I change it's address?

homestyal

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Best answers
I have MTS3 with Universal Remote (55015p) for the operation of my line. I have had no problem changing CV1 for each of my locomotives.

I have two LGB Switch decoders that I would like to change the CV1 values to 02 and 03 respectively.

I have read the instructions on how to do this in both the 55015p and 55024 leaflets but each time the CV1 value remains at the factory default of address 01. I understand you have to change CV2 first to 77 to deactivate the protection - this I have done but still to no avail.

Help! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if you can, let me know in 'noddy guide' fashion the steps I should follow?

Currently I have carried out the following steps (obviously wrong!)
[*]Insert the programming insert and attach to switch Decoder terminals[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 02 (for CV2)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 77[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 01 (for CV1)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 02 (for Switch Decoder 2)[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset The switch decoder is added to the line and it's address is still 01 - the factory default!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cheers

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Think where you are going wrong is you put 2 try putting 5
Five being the start of the next four digits. the next would be 9
Out put 1/2/3/4 one decoder next number 5/6/7/8

homestyal

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Best answers
If I understand you correctly, each Switch Decoder must have a unique CV1 number of 1 (default), 5, 9, 13, 17 etc.?

Do you know why this is - why in increments of four?

Cheers

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
I am assuming that they are the four way units, and not the single ones
So that you can operate four points off each unit
Am I correct?

55025 part number

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Philbahn said:
I am assuming that they are the four way units, and not the single ones
So that you can operate four points off each unit
Am I correct?

55025 part number

By the way have you put the jumper in the decoder ?

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
homestyal said:
No these are single decoders 55024.

In that case itlooks as though every thing you are doing is right.
Have you access to the LGB programmer?
Instead of the handset

homestyal

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Best answers
Sadly only the Universal Handset at present - will keep trying to fathom it out, must be easy to do!

Thanks for your help nether the less, much appreciated.

Rick

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
homestyal said:
Sadly only the Universal Handset at present - will keep trying to fathom it out, must be easy to do!

Thanks for your help nether the less, much appreciated.

Rick

Rick if you have the time you could run it up here and put it on mine

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Before attempting to program CV1, you need to disable the "one time" programming lock by setting CV2 to 77, you should then be able to change CV1

Programming the switch decoder address​
The switch decoder is protected against accidental reprogramming. This allows programming loco addresses on your layout without having to remove switch decoders from the tracks. Programming the switch decoder is possible only after​
CV2 has been programmed to function value "77." Then you can program the switch decoder address in CV1. (Before each programming of a CV, the programming protection has to be deactivated by setting CV2 to "77.")

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
muns said:
Before attempting to program CV1, you need to disable the "one time" programming lock by setting CV2 to 77, you should then be able to change CV1

[size=12pt] [/size] [align=left][size=12pt]Programming the switch decoder address[/size][/align] [size=12pt] [/size][size=12pt][/size][size=12pt] [align=left]The switch decoder is protected against accidental reprogramming. This allows programming loco addresses on your layout without having to remove switch decoders from the tracks. Programming the switch decoder is possible only after[/align] [align=left]CV2 has been programmed to function value "77." Then you can program the switch decoder address in CV1. (Before each programming of a CV, the programming protection has [size=12pt][size=12pt]to be deactivated by setting CV2 to "77.")[/size][/align] [size=12pt] [/size][/size][/size]

Mark it looks as though it is unlocked if you look at Ricks post 77 is enteredpart way down

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry, dont use those LGB handset things so I ignored the details of how Rick was actually doing it....

takes glasses off, cleans them, vision on :)

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
muns said:
Sorry, dont use those LGB handset things so I ignored the details of how Rick was actually doing it....

takes glasses off, cleans them, vision on :)

I know how you feel.
Never had much sucess with the handset:bleh:

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
homestyal said:
I have MTS3 with Universal Remote (55015p) for the operation of my line. I have had no problem changing CV1 for each of my locomotives.
(snip)Help! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if you can, let me know in 'noddy guide' fashion the steps I should follow?

[OL][*]Insert the programming insert and attach to switch Decoder terminals[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 02 (for CV2)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 77[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 01 (for CV1)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 02 (for Switch Decoder 2)[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset [/OL] The switch decoder is added to the line and it's address is still 01 - the factory default!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cheers

Hi - all your steps look spot on. One small question. Have you got a point motor attached to the 55024 when you make the changes? If not, that could well be the reason you're not getting things changed. Certainly the 55025 won't change base ID unless at least 1 point motor is attached. For some reason it needs to detect a load to make the update.

Hope it's as simple as suggested! :banghead:

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
whatlep said:
homestyal said:
(snip)Help! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if you can, let me know in 'noddy guide' fashion the steps I should follow?

[*]Insert the programming insert and attach to switch Decoder terminals[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 02 (for CV2)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 77[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 01 (for CV1)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 02 (for Switch Decoder 2)[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset The switch decoder is added to the line and it's address is still 01 - the factory default!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cheers

Hi - all your steps look spot on. One small question. Have you got a point motor attached to the 55024 when you make the changes? If not, that could well be the reason you're not getting things changed. Certainly the 55025 won't change base ID unless at least 1 point motor is attached. For some reason it needs to detect a load to make the update.

Hope it's as simple as suggested! :banghead:

You might be right Peter. Never thought of that, heres hoping

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
You are dead right Whatlep.

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
homestyal said:
Ah ha! I've not tried this, I'll do it first thing in the morning and advise all (Bet you can't wait!!)

Thanks all

Rick

So Rick, did it work? :banghead:

homestyal

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Best answers
Fantastic - it worked. The motor has to be attached to the decoder for the re-programming to work. Done two of them this afternoon and alls well.
Thanks all

Rick