LGB Switch Decoder CV1 - how do I change it's address?

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Have you got the decoder attached to a point motor whilst you are attempting to re address??
It wont work unles you have!

There is a mamber who was on the old GSM who had exactly the same prob as yourself we eventually sorted it out it was a bit awkward though as he lves in Barbados!!

APOLOGIES I did not read all the replies before adding mine, but it is a very common mistake that folks make not to attach a motor first!!:wave:

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
homestyal said:
Fantastic - it worked. The motor has to be attached to the decoder for the re-programming to work. Done two of them this afternoon and alls well.
Thanks all

Rick

Another problem fixed by the GSC Moderating team! :clap: Not only terribly nice chaps, but quite incredibly modest too.... :rofl:

Dcameron

Registered
30 Aug 2019
Basildon
Best answers
Country flag
Ho
I have MTS3 with Universal Remote (55015p) for the operation of my line. I have had no problem changing CV1 for each of my locomotives.

I have two LGB Switch decoders that I would like to change the CV1 values to 02 and 03 respectively.

I have read the instructions on how to do this in both the 55015p and 55024 leaflets but each time the CV1 value remains at the factory default of address 01. I understand you have to change CV2 first to 77 to deactivate the protection - this I have done but still to no avail.

Help! Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or if you can, let me know in 'noddy guide' fashion the steps I should follow?

Currently I have carried out the following steps (obviously wrong!)
[*]Insert the programming insert and attach to switch Decoder terminals[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 02 (for CV2)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 77[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset[*]The display shows C--[*]I have entered 01 (for CV1)[*]The display shows D-[*]I have entered 02 (for Switch Decoder 2)[*]I have saved the input by pressing the right arrow on the handset The switch decoder is added to the line and it's address is still 01 - the factory default!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cheers
did you change the cv 2 to 77 got same problem