LGB Saxony VIK, 0-10-0

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
and, for the record, I had no problem chnaging the address number and I switched off Mfx in CV50.
I used my Massoth computer programmer and accessed one CV at a time because there is not a CV list for Mfx. on it.

Yes, that's pretty much what I did (though just via my Navigator, as I don't use the computer programming module)..... disabled the Mfx protocol so that the decoder doesn't spend its time searching for an Mfx control signal, but simply finds the DCC signal that it is now set up to expect. Changed the loco address directly by writing it to CV1, rather than going through the pre-programmed "shortcut" which, as we've established on here before, can cause confusion because it tries to rewrite some other things besides CV1.
Very happy with the way it is all working, and my earlier concerns about Mfx-equipped locos have certainly been put to rest.

Jon.

Last edited:

AustrianNG

Director of my railway
16 Sep 2015
Wirral
Best answers
Country flag
Crikey......so tempted.......

Reactions: 1 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Only £1,200 from toy-tec :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Only £1,200 from toy-tec :)

That's bl**dy good.... mine was about £1400, which I thought was pretty good at the time (most UK dealers are currently asking between £1750 and almost £1900 for it)!

Jon.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
They are already in the links section, I added them in February after I bought a Kof diesel from them to "test the waters".

Reactions: 1 user

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Just a short note to advise that after my now defunct VIk was returned to The Hobby Shop at Faversham today and will be returned by them directly to LGB in Germany.

I'll post further updates once I get any information.