LGB REVERSE MODULE TRACK THINGY

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
I am going to install a turning triangle on my layout, to turn trains without the need for running around the train. I understand the LGB option is two pieces of track, by where you stop in between the two and then swith the direction on the controller, and away the train goes again????

Does this work for trains in both directions?
Is there a way of doing what i want without stopping the train at all?

I RUN MY LAYOUT ON 5AMP ANALOUGE TRANSFORMER AND THROTTLE.

Thanks in advance for any help.

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Duncan. Is a turning triangle the same as a loop or a wye? If you are using a loop then you can use the track pieces in connection with a http://www.dragon-gscale.co.uk/massoth-8157001-dimax-reverse-loop-module-1621-p.asp < Link To Massoth 8157001 reverse loop module (it works on analogue too as does the newer LGB version 55081 -same thing different label) so that you do not have to touch the controller at all. it is totally automatic.

duncan1_9_8_4

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah, the same as, if you looked at it from above, it would look like a triangle. Its the back part of this i need to do, which yes, now i think about it would be the equivalant of a hoop. hmmm totally automatic even on analouge controll. So what things would i need to purchase, and is it easy to wire up? (useless at such things). I need someting as the planned triangle is right at the back of the garden, out of view of the controller 30ft away. tutt.

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
You just need the http://www.dragon-gscale.co.uk/massoth-8157001-dimax-reverse-loop-module-1621-p.asp < Link To Massoth 8157001 Or the LGB 55081 but it tends to be more expensive for exactly the same thing)as it comes with all the sensor tracks etc. The unit will need its own power supply that you can take from the transformer that you are using or use a second hand LGB 1 amp controller to feed the unit. The 1 amp is not for the train it is just for the unit to do its thing.

duncan1_9_8_4

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry to be thick. So it needs a indipendent power supply seperate to that of the actual train traveling around the circuit.

I think my dad has one of these on his, but he is MTS and his does not have a indipendent power supply.

In the picture, is where the new line is to be installed, from the top left of the picture to the points just visible at the lower right.

beavercreek

24 Oct 2009
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
With MTS there is constant level of power to the track but with analogue there isn't so that is why it needs a separate power supply.