LGB Point Circuit

• Thread starter Deleted member 3553
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3553

Would someone advise if this circuit is going to work ??? And how would I go about adding a red and green LED to operate in conjunction with LGB .jpg direction ????

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
That should work.. Assuming you are feeding AC through the unit on the right, and not providing DC to the switch etc.?

12V *might* be a little low for the LGB point motors.. Usually use the 16-ish Volt AC output from one of their transformers.

To add LED indication.. I presume you mean for signals?
You need a DC supply, and the add-on switch for the point motor. - You only have volts to the motor when you operate the switch.
It then depends on the supply you have available, and whether you want individual LED's for each aspect, or want to use bi-colour LED's.

merlin

Model (all scales) & 12":1'
17 Jan 2013
Somerset (occasionally in Spain)
Best answers
Country flag
upload_2016-8-23_12-21-6.png
This is how I would do it using a DPDT switch to reverse the motor voltage and an LGB accessory switch to control the LEDs. Hope this is of some help.

D

Deleted member 3553

hi PhilP....sorry my boo boo, the power supply is DC...... I tried the motor off ac and it just alternated open/close.........with dc it just opened, reversed the wires and it closed....I thought the diodes would do the reversing.........I think I put the diodes on the wrong side......

Attachments

• LGB .jpg
    LGB .jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 0
D

Deleted member 3553

Thanks Merlin....Have copied/printed your reply for reference. Mal R.