LGB DCC, is it sound ready ?

jose07

Modell trains -N scale, G scale- DCC Massoth
25 Oct 2009
Madrid, Spain
Best answers
Hello,

I just fitted a Massoth XLS chip in a V252 from LGB (27510), using the DCC board adapter is a question of 30 minutes, plus 10 more minutes to program and test.

This loco is relatively new, about 2 years, and comes with a very decent LGB DCC chip. I find it a waste to replace that chip by a new one just to add sound, does anybody know if the new LGB locos, equiped with DCC chip, will be ready to upgrade with a sound module from other manufacturer (e.g. Uhlenbrok, Massoth, etc.) without having to replace that chip ??, it will be mean quite some money saving.

Thanks for your view on this.
Jose

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Jose,

You can fit a Massoth S sound-only chip to any loco, digital or analogue - all you need to do is to plug the two power wires (brown and white) from the S module onto the two "track power" pins that are provided on the LGB decoder board - they are the two pins right in the middle of the board, between the four big plug sockets. I recently did exactly this with my new Kof II, as shown here:
http://www.gscalecentral.net/m12897...bove is fine, and saves buying another cable.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Jose,

As Jon says.

I believe that if you connect the eMotion S using the LGB Sound socket you will need to use a wheel sensor.

jose07

Modell trains -N scale, G scale- DCC Massoth
25 Oct 2009
Madrid, Spain
Best answers
Do you know where I can find a manual of the LGB deco, with CV list and so on, similar to the one that comes with Massoth deco's ?.

I also have a 75th aniversary Krok (the blue one-27402), so far I am only able to activate sounds in serial mode, do you happen to know if it can also work in paralel mode ?, or to do that I need to replace the deco or sound module ?.

Thanks for your replies.
Jose

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Jose - I have a pdf of an LGB instruction leaflet that gives the CVs for the onboard decoders (and also has diagrams of the decoders themselves and their connections) - if you drop me a message via the PM system and give me your email address, I'll email you a copy.

Jon.