LGB and BACHMANN passenger cars

Montblanc

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Albertville, Savoie, France
Best answers
I usually run my LGB Mogul with 2 LGB western passenger cars, including a long caboose. I want to add a third car and I am interested in the Bachmann kits, less expensive and good looking. Does anyone know if they match visually with the LGBs?

Jean-Pierre

Pipalya

White Pass, SAR (South Australian Railways)
16 Jun 2010
Adelaide, South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Montblanc said:
I usually run my LGB Mogul with 2 LGB western passenger cars, including a long caboose. I want to add a third car and I am interested in the Bachmann kits, less expensive and good looking. Does anyone know if they match visually with the LGBs?

Jean-Pierre

I have some Bachmann Jackson Sharp Passenger cars the same as the kits. They measure 480mm long from end platform to end platform. 120mm high measuring from the base of the woodwork to the top of the roof and 110mm wide. looking at the appearance they have 12 windows on the side compared to LGBs nine. You might check the LGB cars' measurements to get an idea if they will match size-wise. I am sure not all cars match in the real world anyway. Hope this helps.

Peter

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
There's a good poster advert for Jack Daniels at the moment with an excellent shot of a US train, that shows exactly that. Coaches of a similar style, but different dimensions.

Mix'n'match I say - well I'd do it if I could afford the LGB coaches :rofl::rofl:

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
yes they are compatible