Anybody know where they are located on all model's
cheer's
phil

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
We need to know what locos you refer to! .... Not all locos by any means have dip switches, certainly not the newer models.

If it the Genesis then they dont , digitizing is a simple plug in job using MTS 3 decoder ( or other suirable decoder such as Massoth with an interface cable).

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
PM sent Phil

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
k Thanks phil... will look

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Like Steve says 'looks like there arn't any

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
What chip are you using?

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
LGb 2 motor one from arcadia...

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
55027?

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
me thinks....

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Is it going in a Geneseis??

If so its a very simple job .......... one of LGBs best arranged for digitising locos, simply remove the small roof hatch, below which is the PCB on which you will see a rectangular blanking plug approx 30 X5mm remove this & plug in the MTS3 decoder plug on the end of its cable.

It is also worth noting there is an exhaust port in the roof section ( black plastic) some locos had a small black plastic plug in these t o stop rain entering the loco!! ( all My Genesis locos did) some locos were not so fitted, so it is worth blocking up this hole, just in case!!

l

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:
Is it going in a Geneseis??

If so its a very simple job .......... one of LGBs best arranged for digitising locos, simply remove the small roof hatch, below which is the PCB on which you will see a rectangular blanking plug approx 30 X5mm remove this & plug in the MTS3 decoder plug on the end of its cable.

It is also worth noting there is an exhaust port in the roof section ( black plastic) some locos had a small black plastic plug in these t o stop rain entering the loco!! ( all My Genesis locos did) some locos were not so fitted, so it is worth blocking up this hole, just in case!!

l
Hi Steve.
me and my friend are gong to be putting sound in aswell thats why im asking if there are any dip switches...
so it's going to be a bit more than boom boom boom done....

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Is it a n LGB Sound unit?? dont worry there are no dip switches!!

Thats also very simple to do just identify 2 leads within the loco which carry power to the accessory socket at the front or rear or loco.

Splice in the lead from the LGB unit to these 2 cables ( doesnt matter which way round the cables go)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I have fitted sound to my genesis locos I used ESU sound decoders which conbine the decoder with a sound unit yet are only about the same size as the MTS3 decoder, its a good cost saving as the ESU sound decoder cost around £160 .

Another advantage is that installation can be done thro the small roof hatch even the speaker installation as well!

details of these on Dragon G scale site

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Already explained that . Think its a matter of cost. But at £82 for a MTS3 think I would have gone for the Massoth or ESU like you

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Philbahn said:
Already explained that . Think its a matter of cost. But at £82 for a MTS3 think I would have gone for the Massoth or ESU like you

MTS 3 DECODER £66.50 approx from Dragon G inc GSC Discounts,

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Put the sound onto the two pins marked sound on the chip

Zman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
On a hillside in Morley, overlooking Leeds!
Best answers
I've just sent a message to the email address you have shown on your profile with the original LGB instructions for adding MTS, sound and smoke.