LGB 55045 and LGB 55025

Darren Lalonde

Registered
5 Sep 2016
St Neots
Best answers
I am trying to program my switch decoder with the lgb software and 55045 interface.

When i plug in (green/yellow) to transformer and brown/white to decoder (in) and have bridged the prog terminals i get a read light. The software recognises the device, but will not program it. I keep getting "Maximum Input Current Exceeded" and will not read eprom values.

Any one got any ideas what i am doing wrong?

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
From memory I think you need to attach at least one point motor to give it some "load".

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Yep.

Darren Lalonde

Registered
5 Sep 2016
St Neots
Best answers
Many thanks for all your replies.

I have tried every wiring combination possible now. With and without motors, train on a track, etc, but still same message. If i unplug the green/yellow wires. The pc thinks it is doing something and spins round the 4 addresses, but doesnt actually write anything. I presume i should be able to read? If then try again it cant contact the 55045. I must have managed this somehow in the summer as i have two boxes, both on different address ranges. I just wanted to turn one into an on off rather than a point motor. Any further thoughts! Another hour wasted :-(

chasaitch

chasaitch
17 Feb 2016
Banburyshire OX155LF
Best answers
Country flag
Hook the two together without going anywhere near a computer. Towards the rear of the manual you should find CVs for the various flashing and steady light modes. As the Meercat says "Simples"

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Darren, what command station do you have?

Darren Lalonde

Registered
5 Sep 2016
St Neots
Best answers
I have LGB Central station with the basic controller.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Lets start from the beginning.

Have you read the instruction file loaded to your PC when you installed the software.
MTSPC.PDF.

Are you connecting the 55045 directly to the 55060, computer and points module with no other bits, track, locos, splitter units etc.

Is a switch motor connected to terminals A

Do you need to unlock the switch decoder by changing a CV value - check your instructions.

Is your 55060 compatible with your version of windows - check the instructions.

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
What COM port are you using. Serial or USB?

chasaitch

chasaitch
17 Feb 2016
Banburyshire OX155LF
Best answers
Country flag
Sorry, my fault. I played around with my switch decoder 55025 with a universal remote controller 55015 using the supplied insert module for programming cvs into whatever and by changing the CVs in the 55025 to the assigned channel 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 or whatever. I don't use a computer and had no problem producing steady current for lighting or flashing lights.

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
This may not help you Darren as I don't have an LGB central station, but with a Lenz this is what I did. Connect up the 55025 as shown below:
2016-12-18 15.23.48.jpg
Point motor (PIKO in this case) via orange and white terminals marked A, and command station via red and blue. Make a short circuit across the two terminals marked Prog (black wire above).
Now in my case I connected the red and blue terminals to the programming output on my Lenz CS. Then I can read and write CV1 which is the value used to set the address block. I changed it from CV1=1 (address1-4) to CV1=17 (address 17-20).
Now you can disconnect the black wire and connect the red and blue to DCC power instead of programming, and fire the point motor using the new address, 17 in my case.
If you try this without the point motor then you get a "decoder not found" message or whatever the equivalent is.
I am guessing with the LGB CS you can switch from "normal track power" mode to "programming" mode using the same connection, but as I don't have one I can't confirm.
I don't know what the basic controller is but if you have a 55015 controller there is a YouTube video here:

Darren Lalonde

Registered
5 Sep 2016
St Neots
Best answers
Thanks all. I've just tried reading the valued from a loco and the pc isn't seeing reading these either. I thought it was me doing something stupid. I've had my LGB stuff a long time but with kids and everything have only started to permanently install it in the garden and managed to program the decoders in the summer with the same laptop windows 2000, standard com port (no usb) and the standard lgb software. I do this so infrequently i thought it was me. The only conclusion i can come to now is that my 55045 doesnt work any more. the lights are on but no-one's home. The same pc and software drive the 55060 fine and works the points, etc. I just dont seem to be able to program any more.

stockers

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Well, if its all working as far as running trains is concerned, I suggest you find a local DCC'er to just set the address for you.