LGB 55020 reset ?

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
Ok I stripped out 2 of these decoders (yes I know they are basic) from a 2 motor loco and replaced them with a Massoth XLS.
I have 2 freelance loco's that I wish to digitise. One of them I have fitted and it is working ok.
The problem with the other decoder is lights are only working in fwd direction, motor and F1 are working OK
I did a decoder reset CV55=55, nothing happened, did not reset
Decoder marked ME V1.1
Any suggestions ?:confused:

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Possibly, the output transistor(s) have 'popped' on the reverse lights output?

I would program the front light output, to come on in reverse.. Jsut to confirm it is not something 'weird' in the logic/programming of the decoder..
Then possibly program the light output from F1 key (say), prove that works, and then make rear light from F1 key, see if it works...

Oh, and connect rear lights to front light output.. You *have* checked it isn't a bulb, haven't you?

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
Possibly, the output transistor(s) have 'popped' on the reverse lights output?

I would program the front light output, to come on in reverse.. Jsut to confirm it is not something 'weird' in the logic/programming of the decoder..
Then possibly program the light output from F1 key (say), prove that works, and then make rear light from F1 key, see if it works...

Oh, and connect rear lights to front light output.. You *have* checked it isn't a bulb, haven't you?

I have tried various combo's of reprogramming and nothing changes thats why I thought it best to reset, but it won't...........all outputs are checked using my meter so I don't blow any bulbs, the popped scenario is looking likely, just need reset it to put my mind at rest.

Reactions: 1 user