LGB 50100 Jumbo internals

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
I've been investigating an alleged fault on one of these and have discovered two additional potentiometers inside. These are marked as P7 and P8 and are close to and appear identical to P1 and P2 to P6, the externally accessible adjustments for timer, acceleration, deceleration, max. voltage and min. voltage.
Does anyone know the purpose of potentiometers P7 and P8? The instructions are no help as they say don't unscrew the cover!

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
the p7 pot controls the timer for unit total failure, without smoke

the p8 controls partial unit failure-lights but no power with smoke-unsynchronized    

:D

actually, as i have one, ill be most interested to know too

minimans

Trains, Planes, Automobiles & Shooting
24 Oct 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Best answers
Neil Robinson said:
I've been investigating an alleged fault on one of these and have discovered two additional potentiometers inside. These are marked as P7 and P8 and are close to and appear identical to P1 and P2 to P6, the externally accessible adjustments for timer, acceleration, deceleration, max. voltage and min. voltage.
Does anyone know the purpose of potentiometers P7 and P8? The instructions are no help as they say don't unscrew the cover!

Apparently there used for Gene research in hamsters mate!! I wondered what that squeaking noise was............. The first pre-ensheathing oligodendrocytes are detected medially in the LGB on P7 and myelinated axons in the overlying OT ..........................

you can read the fascinating theory here http://www.ihop-net.org/UniPub/iHOP/pm/71577.html?nr=6&pmid=1398895

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
couple wise guys here eh Neil?!