Lgb 41039 log wagon set.

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Spotted this in GRS yesterday and we noticed the ends were leaning in about 5mm at the top. We opened it up and it just appeared to be loose screws so I bought it considering it an easy fix.
When I got it home I took off one end to have a look and discovered the main reason, the plastic split clip for the lower half of the brake stanchion sticking through!
Now two solutions to this- drill a matching hole in the bufferbeam or put a drop of glue in the hole and chop off the bit sticking out the back of the strap.
image.jpg

I chose the second option and also found the tiny screws had partially stripped the holes. I dropped a small bit of microstrip in each hole to give the screw something to bite into. I tightened up the screws carefully and this is the result.
image.jpg

Apart from that fault it`s a nice set though I do wonder how much you`re paying for the logs over what it would cost to do that yourself ;)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
PaulRhB said:
.............. though I do wonder how much you're paying for the logs over what it would cost to do that yourself ;)

Yes, the difficulty that I've frequently found with home made logs from the garden / forest or whatever, is finding actual straight lengths..

It's simple in theory ;) ;) ;)

dennishodge

Registered
21 Feb 2018
Bellevue, WA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Paul, just got one of these new in box but not sealed (plastic removed). It doesn't come with black chains as listed on the LGB site. Did yours come with chains? Where would I find replacements? It's not listed in the spare parts. Thanks!

- Dennis

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
My 'go-to' for chains:

Five pages.. :):nerd:

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Error - sorry

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Paul, just got one of these new in box but not sealed (plastic removed). It doesn't come with black chains as listed on the LGB site. Did yours come with chains? Where would I find replacements? It's not listed in the spare parts. Thanks!

- Dennis
This may not be the same but I bought a bogie stake car with logs (new) from GRS recently (LGB 41591) and it had the attached brochure in with parts list including chains, although it seems you have to buy hook and chains together
(Haken und Kette). In my case the chains were also missing and GRS are following up with their distributor but I'm not holding my breath. That part E302 266 cost 15€ and it's not clear if that is one chain or a set!
1599485474324.png
1599485506113.png

Last edited: