LGB 4039 FKB/DEV Fakultativwagen upgrade questions, suggestions, progress....

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
Having a glut of 3019 postal wagen(en) here, one was "broken" to supply some odds and ends for other postal cars in my and Jack Barton's collections.

I had the wiper/wheel assembly from the 3019 car, and decided to put them in my 4039 Fakultativwagen and add a normal lighting kit.

I did have one idea tho, I also had between this car and some other bits, two of the rear marker lamps.

The question is.....where could I actually put them on the car? THey are a bit clunky to clip into the railings, the body gives no real options, I could clip it in the step-well, making it a bit low on the car....

....any ideas or has anyone else taken on this task? My other option is to put them on my 306X series cars...

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Garrett, I have just marked, and drilled, a small pair of holes each side of the bodywork of the van /wagon. Push the black springy clip through the top hole, then feed the wires to the track pickups through the lower hole. Repeat for the other lamp. Alyn:clap:

Spule 4

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Les États-Unis
Best answers
themole said:
Hi Garrett, I have just marked, and drilled, a small pair of holes each side of the bodywork of the van /wagon. Push the black springy clip through the top hole, then feed the wires to the track pickups through the lower hole. Repeat for the other lamp. Alyn:clap:

Alyn-

Thanks for the reply. Yup, how they did it in the old van bodies. I was hoping not to drill a hole, but I see no other way.

Thanks for the tip.