Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
Folks, I recently came into possession of an LGB 33350 (new). Had it out yesterday and was working well so thought I'd take my hand at putting some custom music. Unfortunately, it's not working out.

The preloaded music is fine, however, if I try to add other songs using the converter - it doesn't work. The music file is converted and is visible on the SD card. The song will play on the computer. However, when attempting to play via the gondola, it will cycle through the existing songs but be silent on the custom ones. The coloured lights won't even flash.

These are my attempt so far:
  • I've tried different sound files (both without DRM) both through the converter and manually changing to 16bit / 16khz mono WAV using VLC.
  • I went to the LGB site and redownloaded the preinstalled files thinking there was a bug in shipped software.
  • I also tried deleting an factory music file in case there was a max number of songs.
  • I checked the new songs were smaller in file size (so wasn't somehow causing problems with a file being too large.
I've still not managed to get it working

I'm sure I'm overlooking something basic but wondering if anyone else had experience with this?

lgbmad lgbmad and KentKeith KentKeith - I believe you'd had one of these (or the 33353) in the past. Did you have any troubles with it?

6752ef0470492b9302d4b3b30ea6c0491481819834.jpg

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Folks, I recently came into possession of an LGB 33350 (new). Had it out yesterday and was working well so thought I'd take my hand at putting some custom music. Unfortunately, it's not working out.

The preloaded music is fine, however, if I try to add other songs using the converter - it doesn't work. The music file is converted and is visible on the SD card. The song will play on the computer. However, when attempting to play via the gondola, it will cycle through the existing songs but be silent on the custom ones. The coloured lights won't even flash.

These are my attempt so far:
  • I've tried different sound files (both without DRM) both through the converter and manually changing to 16bit / 16khz mono WAV using VLC.
  • I went to the LGB site and redownloaded the preinstalled files thinking there was a bug in shipped software.
  • I also tried deleting an factory music file in case there was a max number of songs.
  • I checked the new songs were smaller in file size (so wasn't somehow causing problems with a file being too large.
I've still not managed to get it working

I'm sure I'm overlooking something basic but wondering if anyone else had experience with this?

lgbmad lgbmad and KentKeith KentKeith - I believe you'd had one of these (or the 33353) in the past. Did you have any troubles with it?

View attachment 318320
What is the file format you are using.

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I had one and still have it but have not run it for a year or so but when I ran it it was quite interesting:

JazzTrainFormation-01.jpgJazzWagon-07.jpgJazzWagon-08.jpg

Couple of weeks ago I thought about giving it a run again and plan to do so once the temperatures here return to normal.

I got it to work and make a noise which was quite interesting especially listening to some of tunes being sung in English with a strong German accent.

The instructions that came with the set were typical useless LGB blurb and not really helpful. I tried, using my Massoth, to give the wagon its own ID but no luck, it's still stuck on 3. Like you I tried to add some more music but gave up, life is too short.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Keith

The Shed

Citizen of the Republic of the North East.
8 Mar 2020
Darlington, County Durham.
Country
England
Best answers
The preloaded music is fine, however, if I try to add other songs using the converter - it doesn't work. The music file is converted and is visible on the SD card.
PM sent............

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Jersey
Country
Jersey
hsbagardenrailway.com
Best answers
Country flag
I figured out the problem. I was following the instructions as come in the manual/on the readme on the SD card. As Keith said, they're fairly high level and require a little bit of filling in the gaps.

The main issue, I realised, was I was trying to run the converter directly from the SD card (E:\). Due to Window's protection mechanisms, it was blocking part of this script from running but would still successfully copy the file. I was assuming because I was seeing the file copied to the output folder - everything was fine. It was changing the file format (from mp3 to wav) but none of the encoding which was why when I returned the SD card to the wagon it would fail to play the new songs.

The solution is to copy all the files from the SD card to a place on your computer. Then drag the music to convert onto the converter script on your computer and let it do its magic. Once it is done, copy the files from the Musik folder on your computer to the same Musik on the SD card. It has worked seamlessly now I figured that out.

I hope this helps anyone else in the future.