LGB 10151 REVERSE LOOP

Belly

Registered
19 Sep 2010
Best answers
Hi, I have two of these pieces of track and I am not entirely sure of their correct use and where you would place them on a layout.

Jason

Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
The piece with the arrow should be on your exit route, with the arrow pointing in the direction of the exit....

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
man thats some link!!!

a quick bit:
the set contains a 1015K and a 1015 T

place the 1015T at the earliest point of the loop-right after the switch leg- i believe this MAY have a certain direction as well to work- but i dont recall this being the case
place the 1015k at the latest point in the loop -right in front of the return switch leg -as mentioned arrow facing the direction of exit of the loop

each piece has one way 'gates' for electrical flow-called diodes

you may only run the train a single direction into the loop-
ie., in via the 1015t , out over the 1015K-no exceptions

when the entire train is inside the loop* you then reverse the polarity-either hit the direction toggle-or do a quick (or slow) turn of the dial if youre using an LGB 'center off' style controller-

the diodes will then do the rest-'blocking' the misaligned polarity

an LGB spring point switch works best in this application

*if you have other cars with electrical pick up from the wheels, they must not straddle the division points over either the 1015T of 1015K or you will have a short-ie the entire train must be electrically within the isolated portion of the loop

hope this helps

btw there are other methods of creating a reverse loop, and some in which you can enter either direction-but this is not acheived using the 1015 t and k set-and some inwhich you dont have to touch anything-it will shuttle automatically-and they are in the link too
cheers
steve