Lawley plumes

E

Elmtree Line

Is that your new stealth loco Neil ;) :D

E

Elmtree Line

Grant,

Its Neil's VoR Thats surrounded by stealth smoke ;)

New Haven Neil

trains bikes camping kayaking red wine.....more tr
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Elmtree Line - 22/11/2009 11:22 AM

Grant,

Its Neil's VoR Thats surrounded by stealth smoke ;)

Spot on!! :D

E

Elmtree Line

Neil if you over this way in the summer bring the Fowler along ;)

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
How did Duncan cope with "Lazy" Paul? Very well I imagine, looking forward to bringing my Edrig (whatever it looks like by then, project currently stalled through lack of time and money!) up there for some extensive testing next summer.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Mine is radio control too- or will be, when I've redrilled the footplate for the smaller servo, fitting the standard one would have been too easy... Got all the kit now (2.4GHz too, snazzy), just need to strip the engine down, drill the holes and fit it.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Ohh, what's the new one? I have the Planet one- dirt cheap off of eBay but I think Andel models was selling them cheaper still at Exeter and might have some more in stock now- he'd run out by the time I'd noticed he was selling them!

Not tested it, but the Tx seems very well made- feels very solid and well put together and is nice to hold. The Rx is cheap and nasty- but they are also a tenner a throw, so I'm not that fussed. Also came with comprehensive, well written full colour instructions which was a pleasant surprise- I expected a few lines of poorly translated garble!

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Ahh magic, you found one at last :D

About £40- try ebay, search "Planet 2.4GHz". They've actually dropped in price (or the postage has at least...) since I got mine.

Only issue is I'm not sure what the range is- I thought I'd try it and see but it might be a problem in really big gardens! That said as they are designed for "park fly" helicopters I don't think it'll be a problem.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
£10 for an extra reciever and you could convert Duncan too of course...

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
They work well - NHN Enterprises ( :rofl: ) has just fitted one for a friend, into a Lawley - for £40 you can't go wrong, and the range was certainly more than the length of the ancestral NHN garden! (80 feet or so) even with the aerials INSIDE the tinware.

Impressed. The 'fleet' will be getting updated.

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Elmtree Line - 22/11/2009 12:09 PM

Neil if you over this way in the summer bring the Fowler along ;)

Someday we must, Keith! A Fowler rally...... :love:

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Ahh good, someone has tested one! Must get mine fitted.

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
It was a no-brainer Matt - I was a bit worried about the appearance of the receiver too, but if you think about it the old 40 meg ones are open also, via the sockets.....it was all very straightforward, it's a bit of a wiggle to get the rx in as the sockets are on the end - but it fitted in with the binding switch down-over, so don't forget to bind it first...... ;) then there's just the coloured spaghetti to tuck in!

These sets are an absolute bargain. :clap:

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
Neil do you know if you can have more than one Rx bound to the Tx? Doesn't bother me- only one loco (until I can afford a Ragleth), just wondering.

And yes, I thought it was a no brainer too! The Rx tucks neatly into the box under the cab, plenty of room for the (mini) battery pack and switch. I could have got a much bigger battery pack in than I bought in fact. Only one servo for now, might get a bit chaotic when I have to wire in some more but I'm sure it's do-able.

wpandyr

Registered
26 Oct 2009
Southampton
Best answers
I think the Planet 5, 2.4Ghz sets are one model only, but I have not tried one so an owner may correct me. You can only bind one RX to the transmitter at a time unless you have a multiple model set up like the Spektrum DX6i.

brianthesnail96

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Gloucesterestershire
Best answers
I had a feeling it was. However at the third of the cost of a DX6i I don't really mind- I can't see me buying more than another two locos max in the next 6 years or so anyway...

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting info on the 2.4GHz R/C guys. Now where's my Xm*s list :D :D

Here's a couple of plume shots from the SHLR. Didn't get down low enough to do em justice though.

New Haven Neil

24 Oct 2009
Best answers
I used an AA battery pack which did make it a bit tight!!

No reson why you can't re-bind your tx each time to whatever rx you are using.....simples. :clap:

<p>
wpandyr - 23/11/2009 1:56 PM I think the Planet 5, 2.4Ghz sets are one model only, but I have not tried one so an owner may correct me. You can only bind one RX to the transmitter at a time unless you have a multiple model set up like the Spektrum DX6i.
</p><p>I agree it looks like the Planet 5 can only be bound to one Rx. There must also be one of the cheap ones out there which can be bound to multiple Rxs though (I read about one which does 5 models) but I suspect nobody has imported any recently because I can't find any in the UK.</p>