Landscaping a newly exposed section

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I don't know about you, but for me one of the joys of garden railwaying is terraforming and landscaping. Now my railway is quite well established I don't often get the opportunity but since building the workshop, I decided it was time I sorted out the uneven trackbed on the section of the line which runs behind it.

Because it wasn't on show, it was allowed to do more or less its own thing
IMG_9490.JPG

'
The blocks had sunk a bit in the middle and so it was a bit of a switchback, despite the two ends being at the same height. So, the old trackbed was removed and a proper foundation of concrete and bricks was laid.
IMG_9502.JPG

The blocks were then relaid followed by the track.
IMG_9509.JPG

Because I cut back the tall hedge which shielded the old sheds, the junction which was formerly hidden has now become more visible, so I decided to landscape it.
IMG_9524.JPG

IMG_9527.JPG

I now have another short section on which photos and videos could be taken. The viewpoints are quite restricted as it's right up against the fence and if I take track level shots the house is very prominent. However, once it's been properly planted, I'm hoping it will add to the general atmosphere of the line.

Rik

Reactions: 1 user

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for sharing Rik

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Coming on well Rik,inspires me to carry out the work I wanted to do last year,Spring is on the way so may just get around to it THIS YEAR?!!!!

ge_rik

24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
I can't remember such a long lasting mild spell at this time of year. I remember creating Peckforton Station in winter 2008-2009 and having to protect the new concrete from very heavy frosts

Rik