Phase 1 complete, roll on Phase 2
- 23 Feb 2018
It would seem my track is going to need a good clean, and I am to "tight" to buy the LGB track cleaning loco. I currently have the LGB 50040 - Track Cleaning Block, and the LGB 50050 - Track Cleaning Attachment, both work to varying degrees of success and effort, however after reading various articles I am thinking about liquid cleaning IPA seems popular, but there is Piko 35411 - TRACK CLEANING SET; Piko 37720 - BAHNBAU GRUPPE TRACK CLEANING WAGON SET; and finally the Piko 38501 - US GE-25t DIESEL TRACK CLEANING LOCOMOTIVE, so my questions are:
- Piko cleaning fluid is expensive, is it worthwhile, or should I stick with IPA
- Has anybody any experience with wagon 37720.
- Can set 35411 be fitted to a wagon.
- Is loco 38501 purely mechanical or does it use cleaning fluid.
- Any other comments on chemical cleaning of the track.