Just a big WELL DONE to MyLocoSound

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Ok, i am new to G scale battery RC control & need all the help i can get, & Mylocosound has made it very easy for me with great diagrams & easy to follow instructions on the RC sound side of things.
”WELL DONE”
I wish some of the other guys & girls "but not all" selling RC goods would look at the very good “MyLocoSound” website & do the same. It would encourage more enthusiasts & newbies to the hobby.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
After advice from this forum and RC Trains, I went down the MLS route, and the website is very helpful.

collectors

Registered
16 Apr 2022
Norfolk UK
www.chrismorris.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
After advice from this forum and RC Trains, I went down the MLS route, and the website is very helpful.
MLS ??? Still new to this.

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
I have used MLS - My Loco Sounds - products, both regular and Premium lines, for a few years now in my battery converted locos, whether steam, diesel or petrol driven in prototypical form. I have to agree they are very easy to install and "configure", with their remote control/sensor, to get the sounds to a satisfactory replication and operation. I have bought mine through Brian Jones and Fosworks (Steve Foster) in the UK and RCS (Tony Walsham) in Australia. They offer fantastic value for money.

That being said I will stand by my old Sierra sound cards for their simplicity and array of "automated" sound sequences. Also, the more modern ESU DCC cards that have the benefit of having a sound library that cover more esoteric and specific loco types, like the Shay, Heisler and Mallett. They also incorporate an ESC, that helps offset their seemingly high cost of acquisition. Max

Last edited:

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
MLS ??? Still new to this.
Abbreviation for My Loco Sound - you can't beat a good acronym for confusing people :p:p

I've got a few of the MLS cards, steam and diesel and, yep, they're good, easy to install, and work well.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Each morning I take a look at G Scale Central over breakfast. This morning was especially nice. Thanks. It's great to be appreciated.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
It's nice to read a compliment for a change. It's an unfortunate fact, which we were taught at work, that more people make complaints than give praise. And complaints spread further and quicker.
Well done MLS

Ralphmp

Registered
6 Jan 2010
Herts
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
It's nice to read a compliment for a change. It's an unfortunate fact, which we were taught at work, that more people make complaints than give praise. And complaints spread further and quicker.
Well done MLS
Regrettably true. I once had a job that involved a daily commute from Milton Keynes to Birmingham and the morning Virgin Trains on board staff really looked after me - “saving” me a seat in the restaurant car, tweaking my breakfast order and generally making the journey very pleasant. After a month or so of this, I asked if they had any comment forms so I could tell the company what a great job they were doing. They all looked a bit flummoxed as the only forms they had were, you guessed it, complaint forms - apparently I was the first person they’d had who had wanted a form but who wasn’t complaining!

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Regrettably true. I once had a job that involved a daily commute from Milton Keynes to Birmingham and the morning Virgin Trains on board staff really looked after me - “saving” me a seat in the restaurant car, tweaking my breakfast order and generally making the journey very pleasant. After a month or so of this, I asked if they had any comment forms so I could tell the company what a great job they were doing. They all looked a bit flummoxed as the only forms they had were, you guessed it, complaint forms - apparently I was the first person they’d had who had wanted a form but who wasn’t complaining!
That must have been quite early days - most firms use the same form / process now, although it did take a while for people to realise that their employees might, occasionally, be praised.

Bad understanding of BS5750 now ISO9000 was to blame. Employers had to have a complaints system with timescales for response etc, and the bad / slow ones didn't fully read the Standard which stated 'feedback and complaints'.

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have to say I am a fan of MLS too. Good product, good price and Peter is helpful if you have a problem.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have been using MLS cards for a lot of years now and the improvement with sounds quality is phenomenal.

Sadly the Whistles though better sounding do not have that many European ones that work just right for me. Thinking Harz 2-10-2 here where the blast is appropriately large for such a big beast. Also the blow off is a really sharp short one.

But hey ho, though I feel that with the popularity of Thomas I wonder if there is a market for a special one leaving more space on normal chips for perhaps some more European stuff as I have just mentioned. But then I expect MLS would fall foul of the evil company that now owns Thomas rights and they would want their Dollars worth to add to their already large fortune.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
I have been using MLS cards for a lot of years now and the improvement with sounds quality is phenomenal.

Sadly the Whistles though better sounding do not have that many European ones that work just right for me. Thinking Harz 2-10-2 here where the blast is appropriately large for such a big beast. Also the blow off is a really sharp short one.

But hey ho, though I feel that with the popularity of Thomas I wonder if there is a market for a special one leaving more space on normal chips for perhaps some more European stuff as I have just mentioned. But then I expect MLS would fall foul of the evil company that now owns Thomas rights and they would want their Dollars worth to add to their already large fortune.
Now that we have two steam soundcards; British and Universal, there is an opportunity to increase the number of European whistles. At the moment we have British whistles in both soundcards which is a redundancy. We could concentrate high quality British whistles in the British steam soundcard and replace some of the British whistles in the universal soundcard with European ones.

Can you suggest four or five European locomotives which would give a good selection of whistle sounds please?

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Now that we have two steam soundcards; British and Universal, there is an opportunity to increase the number of European whistles. At the moment we have British whistles in both soundcards which is a redundancy. We could concentrate high quality British whistles in the British steam soundcard and replace some of the British whistles in the universal soundcard with European ones.

Can you suggest four or five European locomotives which would give a good selection of whistle sounds please?

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
Peter many thanks. Thinking of the locomotives that are available to G scale Modeller’s I would think the following are a probable choice.
Harz Mountains 2-10-2 99-72xxx series
Harz Mountains 0-4-4-0 tanks Mallet 99-5901-5905
French Corpet 0-6-0 (the shrill whistle in these is a very European one)
Austrian 0-6-2 tanks
Former East German 2-10-2 99-17xx series
All of these are LGB products except the Mallet which are produced by TrainLine 45.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Peter many thanks. Thinking of the locomotives that are available to G scale Modeller’s I would think the following are a probable choice.
Harz Mountains 2-10-2 99-72xxx series
Harz Mountains 0-4-4-0 tanks Mallet 99-5901-5905
French Corpet 0-6-0 (the shrill whistle in these is a very European one)
Austrian 0-6-2 tanks
Former East German 2-10-2 99-17xx series
All of these are LGB products except the Mallet which are produced by TrainLine 45.
Thanks for the suggestions. We will do some research.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound