Jungle safari time

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
As some of you may have heard, for the longest time we weren't sure if we were going to get evicted. The park manager kept dropping "hints" that implied we were. Kim finally had enough and called the new park owner's "go to" guy. He told her that we were fine, and he didn't know why the manager was playing games. We shall see.

What does all that crap have to do with garden railroading? Well, for one thing, the stress made me not feel much like working on the layout....and EVERYTHING "went native" BIG time.

Today was the first time I really did ANYTHING since April. I got over a wheelbarrow load of branches cutting back the dwarf cherry trees and willows. A shopping bagful of rosemary, another of English thyme, a BUNCH of chives.... and pulled enough creeping charlie to choke a horse.

On that note, shamrock (little yellow clover) is a pain in the butt to get rid of once it gets started, let alone after it's had all summer to establish itself. Between that, old charlie and Canadian thistles I went through a whole bottle of round-up. I still have a big rosebush (They said it was a dwarf, they lied) to move...

But I'm not sure it's worth leveling and re-ballasting any of it until Spring.