LGeoB

Registered
12 Dec 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Country
Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Off to Blighty in a couple of weeks from Perth to Heathrow on the non-stop Qantas flight. 17 hours approximately. Let's see if we survive!

Geoff

Reactions: 1 user

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Off to Blighty in a couple of weeks from Perth to Heathrow on the non-stop Qantas flight. 17 hours approximately. Let's see if we survive!

Geoff

Let's see. Movies like Man From Snowy River I & II, Croc Dundee I & II, and The Adventures of Barry McKenzie... that'll get you through to your 7 course meal (meat pie, and a six pack of ice cold Fosters).
Maybe even time for a bit of shuteye. Enjoy.

DSCF3249.JPG

.....and travel INSIDE the plane, it can get pretty cold out on the tail (cabin service out there ain't the full quid, either).

Since G-force1 has posted a like for this, he can tell Trousers that it is one of her beloved A380's.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
You, are invited. Sorry, no flight subsidies available.

No long orrible flight, break it down into short(ish) legs, with stop overs. We get used to 12 hour segments such that when you get a 4 to 6 hour leg, you sort of feel cheated (only one meal, and all that). Last trip to Home Country (as we call it, politely, even though here is home) was 3 hour hop to Sydney Australia, connecting with a SYD-LAX A380 flight, a few days in Hollywood and Disneyland, then an awful (even in an A380) BA flight to LHR. Only highlight of that last leg, was the Tube to Kings Cross! Why the Aussie backtrack? ... it was cheaper that way.
When I did Oz and NZ back in 1988 we flew Auk, Honalolu, LA then direct to Gatwick. Oh that la to gat seamed forever and took at least a week to get over the jet lag. Then later in 2000 I did San Diego, New York, Heathrow that was no better. I get jet lag from Europe on the Eurostar so unless some bright spark comes up with a Tunnel for a train sadly I will not be taking up your very kind invitation, much as I would love to. Plane Travel has just lost its magic for me now. Perhaps a round the world cruise with a stop over may work, trouble is I hate long trips on boats as well!