Steve

I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was b
1 Jan 1970
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
Best answers
Country flag
dragon said:
Woderwick said:
I went to mates, to see why he was late. He was staring at a lot of orange pieces on the table and told me he was having trouble with his jigsaw puzzle.

I told him he oughta cut back on the JD a tad. It was a box of cornflakes.

The old ones are the best ones!!!

Thats your opinion Fred but your egest:rofl:

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
:thinking:
Granitechops said:
Tip for doing small hinges

I have found that most of the problem comes when you, ( Sorry, " I " :thumbdown: ) have fixed one hinge & then something slips & the other end of the door moves, twisting & pulling the first hinge out of place

I have been more successfull

by

supergluing hinges into place first, then drilling holes, then gluing pins into them

you can then also * gently * check wether they open close smoothly before fixing pins in place

With tall doors try using 3 hinges to each door, as in full size practice
Sounds like v good advice. Thanks.
If ever I venture into kitbuilding again I will bear it in mind. :thinking:

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
:happy:
Ian_S said:
Quite verastile is the "Small Country Station" from Jackson's Minatures

Here's my version of it

wpee0a18b1_0f.jpg

Enjoy your build Tom :)

That station is a Master Class. Soon to be appearing at the railway of a small person in Deep Lancashire I suspect. :happy:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
o yes.. its currently in pride of place in me liveingroom:clap:

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
A quick update on how things are going. I've now made a concrete base/platform for the station (difficult to work out the height/distance from the track but I think I managed it) and laid stuff out to test for scale before I carrying on with it.

Seeing some great threads with imaginative use of figures in the photos on this forum, I thought I'd get on the 'put people in the picture to make it more interesting' bandwagon :D

c0f1f17f6e3f4481a268e5da05777012.jpg

BTW, you can't see the brick detail in this shot (I took it to get an idea of scale) but it looks fine in real life.

Old Tom

Registered
10 Apr 2010
West Sussex
tomlancaster.weebly.com
Best answers
Just to round off this thread in case anyone stumbles upon it at a later date and wonders why it stops when it's half complete. :)

The view through the door to the ticket office. I found a bit of wood that worked perfectly as a dado rail:

CDLR027.jpg

The 'brick slips' work well. Just like doing a 1400 piece easy jigsaw! The adverts are printed on ordinary photo paper but as the station will not be left out in the open, it shouldn't be a problem:

CDLR028.jpg

Lastly, the roof. The plastic sheets work ever so well (the ridge tiles are an off-cut from the sheet :clap: ) and they are very easy to cut and glue down. The chimney is a lump of wood with some aluminium tape for the flashing that was painted metallic grey:
CDLR029.jpg

I think some doorknobs would look good (but not bothering with drain pipes etc) and it will be finished.

bobg

Registered
3 May 2010
Middle Earth
Best answers
Looking pretty good Tom, I might have to have a go myself. Mine would have to be semi relief, and need to be left out.

I agree about the door handles how about some Map pins?