IP engineering coaches

philbiddulph

Registered
15 Aug 2010
Best answers
Hi all,

Having not dabbled in kit-building since I was a teenager doing N/00 gauge I was thinking of getting a couple of these for the winter.

http://www.ipengineering.co.uk/page... or bad on IP kits? Thanks all Phil

jacobsgrandad

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
As a novice I have built a couple of carraiges and the curly roof brake van and found thwm easy to assemble and finish and have no hesitation in recommending them. I have also recently tried a Brandbright coach kit which I found stronger, more detailed and easier to assemble, but thay are more expensive requiring wheels and couplings to be bought separately. I will rpobably stick with the latter but would not deter anyone from buying IP

yb281

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
The newer IP kits like this are excellent Phil. If you've made kits before, you shouldn't have any problems what so ever. The IP kits are beautifully and very accuratley laser cut. The only slight criticism I have is that the wheels supplied aren't the best and you might consider replacing them.

Alpineandy

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Alpennines
Best answers
Country flag
The laser cut kits are quite good but are let down a bit by the wheels and roof, like any kit though the final result depends upon the care you take in building it and attention to detail. They should keep you occupied through the long winter nights though and you will get the satisfaction that you built them.

Granitechops

Narrow Gauge 1/12th scale on 45mm</br>Quarrying &
24 Oct 2009
Sunny Devon Uk
Best answers
Although I usually scratch build, I bought a batch of 7/8ths IP kits & converted them to 1/12th.
nice kits, tho I do my own roofs, As my models are heavier generally, and have the propensity to occasionaly tumble 2 ft to the ground. I reinforce mine on the inside corners as unobtrusively as I can