Into the Paint Shop!!

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
faae62501c0947809fee6077c5c0b885.jpg
fd19484162ca44d6b349a24753f9cd2e.jpg
I bought this LGB coach from a fellow member a couple of days back........................in RhB red cream livery ( one of LGB's fictitious models!)

Yestereday it emerged from the paint shops...................................

Having had a respray with Landrover Coniston Green which is not a bad match for Austrian (OBB ) Green!!

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
85602bbb35ea47d5a5cc5592e57904e8.jpg
Heres a comparison pic with a genuine LGB Green one, the repainted one is slightly different but not far out I think, just need to get the decals on now!!

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Er-r-r nice paint job but - - - - - dare I say - - - - I preferred the red and cream one Steve!:banghead:

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
ROSS said:
Nice job. The original paint scheme almost looks like Southern Railway green. I wonder if continental model shops have paints favouring continental railway colours. Anybody know?

Precision Paints
have a great selection. Worth looking at for comparisons.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably not, I feel in G scale that total accuracy to prototype is not really nescessary

I use the following Car aerosol Colours only!!

Grey Primer Red , Oxide primer Matt Black , Satin Black, Signal red, BLMC BLAZE ( for Austrian loco Orange) and the Landrover Green ( actually not too far off BR Brunswick Green) Theres also a ford maroon which is close to BR Maroon!

The 2 primers are not only used for priming, but top coats also when required also good for weathering.

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
KeithT said:
Er-r-r nice paint job but - - - - - dare I say - - - - I preferred the red and cream one Steve!:banghead:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thing is Keith the RhB didnt have any coaches like it! and it does look a little toylike in the red/cream /ivery I think!!

I like green coaches though as witnessed by the DMUs & EMUs currently lined up in the garage!!:'(

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
:crying:
stevelewis said:
KeithT said:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thing is Keith the RhB didnt have any coaches like it! and it does look a little toylike in the red/cream /ivery I think!!

I like green coaches though as witnessed by the DMUs & EMUs currently lined up in the garage!!:'(

I do like red 'n cream, and red locos. I was trying to find some shots but it seems I lost the lot when my hard drive crashed last month.

Shhh I have quite a lot of green stuff too......8|

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
Green and cream looks good too Steve ;) just need to improve the roof vents:

aa9a43c3dc0a471eb8e4f36b1497bc84.jpg

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Nice job! Have you got a proper spray set up or an aersol in the garage?

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
CoggesRailway said:
Nice job! Have you got a proper spray set up or an aersol in the garage?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Just use car aerosols have done so for years!!

I even use them to paint Fine scale 0 gauge locos and I have even had photos of 0 gauge locos published!!

There are loads of colors available but in practice I only use around half a doz. as mentioned earlier.
It is incredibly easy to paint & weather G scale locos & rolling stock using aerosols,

Its best done on a warmish day and in the open air so the fumes dissipate quickly, and NEVER in the house if you do you will definately get your marching orders!!

mole

Registered
25 Oct 2009
ipswich
Best answers
Country flag
Yes been there know all about aerosols in the house, only done it once I was a fast leaner that time. Another thing not to do is use garden shed felt glue in door's, did a church roof in the kitchen one night, we both had bad headache's the next day. White spirt to clean up the mess afterward's did not help much in the pong states:bleh::bleh::bleh:

Bram

Playing trains, Ballroom Dancing, Good Food & Wine
24 Oct 2009
Knowle
Best answers
Country flag
Quote - THAT AVATAR is it someone you know then??:*:*

The motion on the ocean...........................

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Some time back I had 2 of these in the LGB Green. A friend had 2 in the Red and Creme RHB Livery. As I wanted the Red and Creme we did a swop of the bodies, the reason for the swop was that his coaches had been converted to 32mm gauge and had the LGB Couplings removed. My RHB ones are now on long term loan to the Ruschbahn. I wanted the Red and Creme as I am modeling the East German and that is a colour of many of the coaches that I use on my line.

Nice paint job Steve.
JonD

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
dunnyrail said:
Some time back I had 2 of these in the LGB Green. A friend had 2 in the Red and Creme RHB Livery. As I wanted the Red and Creme we did a swop of the bodies, the reason for the swop was that his coaches had been converted to 32mm gauge and had the LGB Couplings removed. My RHB ones are now on long term loan to the Ruschbahn. I wanted the Red and Creme as I am modeling the East German and that is a colour of many of the coaches that I use on my line.

Nice paint job Steve.
JonD

Talking of 32mm gauge I have several sets of Accucraft 0 gauge wheels which I retained when I sold on some Accucraft rolling stock, ( these are the alternative gauge wheelsets Accucraft supply with their 45mm gaige roling stock) if you know of anyone that could use them let me know

mole

Registered
25 Oct 2009
ipswich
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:
THAT AVATAR is it someone you know then??:*:*

No one I know just got a one track mind

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
danceing, they callhim the dansceing king...:rofl:

The Devonian

Registered
17 Nov 2009
South Hams
Best answers
Country flag
mole said:
No one I know just got a one track mind

I'm often told that but it usually has reference to railway tracks. :happy:

Steve: I like the green: I never cared for BR 'blood and custard'. ;)

Mike: I hope everything is progressing well and some of those railway items you have are getting their fair share of sunshine. :wave:

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
Nice re-spray Steve. The OBB green can vary; I have seen a few dark, or light versions, on my travels in Austria. Alyn

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
well steve

i think your respray looks better than the LGB version-more railroady-weathered -subtle 

more importantly, you did a nice clean job-not a paint :happy:thumb print on any windows

have always been a sucker for blood and custard
-but on that style coach -it didnt send me 

i do like  those coaches almost as much as the 3070s-very substantial -but the damned doors always flip outward 

but  
it would have gone with my  on-the-way-in -the-post  red rack electric!

btw -are the blue and cream zillertal versions also fictitious?