Installation of the "Revolution" decoder system & "Pheonix" Sound System-Dealers?

newboydave

G scale trains - no surprise there then!</br></br>
24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
I admit it, I'm a whimp and I should be doing it myself but I am looking for someone to install the decoder, smoke board etc for the "Revolution" RC system, and a Pheonix Sound System, in an Aristocraft "Mallet" loco.

Does anyone know of a dealer or person with experiance of carrying out this operation, who lives in the Greater Manchester area?

I know there are other dealers further afield, but I want to try and find someone local, to avoid the risk and cost of posting etc.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Sadly I don't consider myself local to Manchester.
I have fitted batteries, Revolution, including smoke board, and Phoenix sound P5 and P5T to a Class 66.
Not too difficult, but I didn't find the instructions that clear until after I'd become familiar with the system. I was never happy with the smoke board so it was abandoned and power goes directly from the battery via the loco's smoke switch. That way the smoke works but can't be turned of remotely. I suspect a higher voltage battery pack would overcome that problem but I limited it to the capabilities of an existing battery charger.
I found that Phoenix's interface unit was needed to optimise the sound settings.

newboydave

G scale trains - no surprise there then!</br></br>
24 Oct 2009
Sale, Cheshire, UK.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Neil.

Thanks for the onfo. Are you by any chance going to G Scale this coming weekend? If so, could we possibly meet for a short period, at the venue, to discuss this matter.

Send me a PM if you can make it, and I will let you have my mobile number so we can arrange a time & location.

Dave H.