Hurricane Sally visits the South Buckinghamshire Light Railway.

Martino

Photography, The GWR, Aviation, Travel, Cars.
24 Oct 2009
Jasper, Georgia. USA
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Overnight and today Hurricane Sally visited the northern Gulf Coast and made landfall about 60 miles away. She came ashore as a Category 2 storm but moving at only 3mph. We were on the ‘wrong side’ of the storm so got wind and heavy rain. Huge amounts of flooding along the area, roads closed, bridges destroyed and power outages. Luckily we escaped without damage. Just a clear up job on the railway. Power has been out all day, and still is, but we’re lucky to have a whole house generator. We were very lucky, many are are not.
View media item 4700
View media item 4699

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
Glad you made it through pretty much unscathed. You've got an excuse to run a few MOW trains now!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
The old Leaves on the Line chestnut eh? I'msure BR will give you some tips!
I'm glad to see you've survived the worse of it, and everything is alright with you, but sorry for the folks who've taken the brunt

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Glad things look to me only a few of the wrong type of leaves on the line M. Someone on here made a blower that would help?

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Good news that you survived, and even better news that the railway survived :clap::clap:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Echoing others, glad that you didn't suffer anything worse than some minor debris....

Jon.

Northsider

Modelling the Northern half of the Isle of Man
3 May 2012
Hertfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Glad to know you are safe; the generator must be a boon. Our thoughts are with you, and those who suffered worse, too.