trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Another one of those clever plants which probably has built up an astonishing resistance to the Roundup family of weed killers by their over use over many years. An Australian wheat farmer and an inventor have now made an add-on weed seed "pulveriser" for harvesters. Seems to be working, but takes about 2 - 3 years before definite results become obvious. At least it doesn't need weed killers of a chemical kind.

I wonder how the process of evolution will deal with that - I bet it will be a real grind!:)

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Another one of those clever plants which probably has built up an astonishing resistance to the Roundup family of weed killers by their over use over many years. An Australian wheat farmer and an inventor have now made an add-on weed seed "pulveriser" for harvesters. Seems to be working, but takes about 2 - 3 years before definite results become obvious. At least it doesn't need weed killers of a chemical kind.

It's resistance dates back to long before Roundup and related weed killers I'm afraid. It's apparently near prehistoric in its nature and if you can last that long...

EDIT: We must have posted at pretty well the same time.