HK tram model

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
I have decided to buy a CNC engraver router and in an attempt to defray the not inconsiderable cost I am going to offer a model kit cut from 3mm and 1.5mm model aero ply or styrene sheet whichever is the more easily machined.
The tram will be the 1950's style with square window corners. You would get 2 sides 2 ends 2 decks a roof and truck side frames. The interior details such as slat seating will be provided and well as the stairs. The widow sashes will be separate with 1mm rebates in the rear to allow you to glaze the window with either 1mm glass or perspex. This allows for the windows to be installed open, closed or where ever you wish. I prefer glass as it does not degrade and end up looking like plastic. You would have to provide your choice of controller etc. Leds for lighting also supplied. Trolley Poles to order separately.
It will be at 22.5:1 scale and will run on 45mm track. You would supply your choice of motor block and install additional electronics to your spec.
You would need minimal skill to assemble the only tricky bit would be the queer curve ( though minimal) on the roof and the ends do have some curves but would be held in place by the decks and roof. Wick in Cyanoacrylate would be the glue of choice while holding things with elastic bands. Let me know if you have any interest and as work progresses I'll keep you informed.
Drawings and reference supplied generously by HK tramways.Front HK tram.jpgtrm120.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
I have decided to buy a CNC engraver router and in an attempt to defray the not inconsiderable cost I am going to offer a model kit cut from 3mm and 1.5mm model aero ply or styrene sheet whichever is the more easily machined.
The tram will be the 1950's style with square window corners. You would get 2 sides 2 ends 2 decks a roof and truck side frames. The interior details such as slat seating will be provided and well as the stairs. The widow sashes will be separate with 1mm rebates in the rear to allow you to glaze the window with either 1mm glass or perspex. This allows for the windows to be installed open, closed or where ever you wish. I prefer glass as it does not degrade and end up looking like plastic. You would have to provide your choice of controller etc. Leds for lighting also supplied. Trolley Poles to order separately.
It will be at 22.5:1 scale and will run on 45mm track. You would supply your choice of motor block and install additional electronics to your spec.
You would need minimal skill to assemble the only tricky bit would be the queer curve ( though minimal) on the roof and the ends do have some curves but would be held in place by the decks and roof. Wick in Cyanoacrylate would be the glue of choice while holding things with elastic bands. Let me know if you have any interest and as work progresses I'll keep you informed.
Drawings and reference supplied generously by HK tramways.View attachment 242483View attachment 242484

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
Hi.

How are your plans progressing please?

Thanks,

SW

No72

Registered
21 Dec 2014
Melobourne Australia
Best answers
In a state of flux ATM... Ill health and family discord.

DafyddElvy

1:22.5 & 15mm Scale Trams, , NG Steam Railways
10 Feb 2021
West Lothian
Country
Scotland
Best answers
Country flag
If you fancy making a spare set of parts I would like them, my first proper job in life was working on the HK tramway and would love to have a model of the trams we served.