Hi bigboy,I`m Connie take me home,,,

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
As the title suggests I now have a Bachmann Connie,appears in great condition apart from a few cosmetic bits(easy fixes)that need sorting but overall seems ok.Now I have a question, is there an aftermarket analogue sound system that will plug in without much problem and readily available,hopefully someone has done it already,only asking at the moment as thinking of a job over the winter thats going on the list of things to do,,,,thanks in advance,,Rio

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Rio
Although I prefer either a DCC sound decoder (which will work on DCC or analogue), or a Phoenix board (they are analogue and DCC compatible), I have listened to the 'Mylocosound' boards and they are reasonable for the price.
The 'American whistle' is not so good but the rest is easy enough on the ear.
It really depends on what quality you are looking for and how much to spend. Older Version 3 (or 3.5) ESU Loksound XL boards come up on Ebay for about £50-£90 (I bought a load from German ebay).

As far as plugging in is concerned, the wiring on the 'Connie' is of Bachmann's older design and needs a bit of delving to hook up a sound board.
here is a link to the schematics and wiring diagram for the Connie.
http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/81294.pdf

Here is another link to useful tips on the Connie
https://elmassian.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=238&Itemid=272

Last edited:

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the information and the links Mike;)

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013