• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kurt Ubl

KURT
3 Mar 2017
Tenerife ES
Best answers
Country flag
Hello to all, I want to introduce myself.
So I`m 71 Years I want to go to the past at first. As most of young boys in Germany you have a Maerklin
layout so have I. But a lot of Years later DC caught me in form of a gift from my old friend Helmut. Then my
wife forced me to build a work car with opening doors she meant it should be working to be prototypical. This
was the rule with all following models! What is with the doors, what is with the trucks, are they equalised?
Nothing was right when it don`t function like the original. Doors open, real gas windows, sliding windows
and so on. Sometimes it was a pain for me to saw 0.3mm cuts in 1x1mm wood straps to make a sliding
window for a locomotive or an opening door in front of the cab. Over the Years there were many dead ends.
the most important change was the 100 year set from LGB, I bought two sets and the first action was to
change the Stainz to an american locomotive. New cab, glass windows, sliding side windows, opening front
doors with windows, tender with 4 axle trucks and most important two rubber tires. This 2-4-0 axle loco was
able to pull 16 cars of my homemade american boxcars, cattle cars, pickle cars, tank cars, hoppers, high side
gondolas, low side gondolas, flatcars and caboose on a straight track.
Then came command control but this is a theme My friend can explain better. The ups and downs were very
interesting but the control of trains today were forced of the inventions he made in the beginning of
these possibilities. Remember: The beginning was a simple garage opening system!
So I am_dsc0030net.jpg closing for today. More with text and pictures soon.
Yours Kurt

Reactions: 4 users

Kurt Ubl

KURT
3 Mar 2017
Tenerife ES
Best answers
Country flag
Hello stockers, what have I to do with my introduction? I don`t find a possibility to write something in the new members forum. Please help an old man.
Kurt

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Well I've read your introduction so you've obviously done something right! Sounds like you have been busy pictures are a definite must.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Kurt?

You've introduced yourself here.

Good enough....

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Moved to new members section.
Welcome aboard.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Kurt, hope you can follow some of our weird sense of humour......
This is a very friendly forum to be on most of the time!

Jon.

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
That's a pretty good introduction, Kurt - looking forward to reading more :nod::nod:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Kurt. From your introduction, above, it certainly sounds like you are well on your way to a very detailed and interesting railway in G scale. We will look forward to more pictures.

Kurt Ubl

KURT
3 Mar 2017
Tenerife ES
Best answers
Country flag
Hello all, thank you for the warm welcome.
I had a layout on the terrasse of my house here on Tenerife but two severe storms in the past disturbed most of it. so I put all in moving boxes waiting for better days. In the time we were living here we got 5 grandchildren who are waiting for us to come back to Germany. I build two layouts for the boys an sent them to their home but was not able to finish them there. They move too. You are asking about pictures- I have a lot and I follow your wishes and hope many of you get some inspiration from my scratch building in the last years since 1982. The first ones I will post are from the first years in the south of Germany when I had no Layout and the beginning at our new home near Frankford but all shown exists until today. Next time pictures of models I build for friends (have to shrink them)
_DSC0020 - Kopie.JPG _DSC0017 - Kopie.JPG cvrr26.jpg DSC00655a.jpg cvrr12.jpg DSC00787a.jpg neu0.jpg NEU002.jpg neu1.jpg neu6.jpg
Kurt

Reactions: 1 user

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Great custom work. Thank you for sharing.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I like Rusty 1, is it based on a real locomotive?

Kurt Ubl

KURT
3 Mar 2017
Tenerife ES
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Paul,
there exists a FALK in the US you can google it but I`m sure there are a lot of locos witch have the same construction in front especially in the woods. I think it looks right.
Kurt

There`s a prototype for everything

Gena Matthews

Registered
16 Nov 2017
Fordsville, KY, USA
Best answers
Hello all. My nAmerican is Gena Matthews and my family and I are fairly new to the outdoor laying scene and are looking to setup a simi-permanent system. We need some help getting started with it. What would be a good starter track for a family with small kiddos; 2 boys age 4yrs and 19 months?

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome kurt and gena!
Kurt, i like your models, especially the lgb 2017? Into the forney 0-4-4t.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Gena, would you like to start a new thread in the new members section. I am sure there are loads of ideas on here for you!