Hello from Groby, Leicestershire

Geoff Startin

Geoffers
11 Sep 2016
Groby, leicester
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, I have just got started with garden railway after moving house and having no room for OO anymore.
So I completed my layout a couple of months ago, however I think I've made a few mistakes with a few things, I seem to have cornered the market in derailing!. So I will be asking for a bit of help in various sections. Hope you can help, thanks in advance ,Geoff

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum, Geoff!

Jon.

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
Hello and welcome Geoff.

Groby is fairly close to me, but more importantly close to Casey Jones Snr's set up, the CFR at Rothley G.C. station. In my opinion that's an impressive set up and Casey has many years experience with G Scale.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Geoff and welcome to the forum. I'm just down the road from you and if you need any advice I'm at the CFR most days and every weekend. Pop over for a chat and a cuppa.

Brixham

No buffers were hurt at this sign
27 Aug 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Geoff. If you're a member of the G Scale Society, you should consider joining your local area group....The Three Counties...( Leics/Warks/N'hants ). Contact details in the Journal. We had a great meeting yesterday ( Sunday ) at a members garden railway, Around 15 members signed in, some ran trains, some just chatted. Most ate cake!
Our next garden meeting is in Rugby mid October, and then during the winter we will be having a big push on our new transportable layout, currently semi-permamantly set up in a church hall.

malcolm

Geoff Startin

Geoffers
11 Sep 2016
Groby, leicester
Best answers
Country flag
Hello Geoff and welcome to the forum. I'm just down the road from you and if you need any advice I'm at the CFR most days and every weekend. Pop over for a chat and a cuppa.
Thanks for that.I am a regular visitor to GCR at Rothley and know your layout well(small world) I'll try and pop in and see you soon.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Geoff.

Ask away.

Lots of help here and plenty of members near to you too....

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Geoff..
Lots 'in the area'.. Sure we can sort you out between us!