JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I prefer to use the term 'compote of mixed interests,
Interesting use of the noun "Compote" - either mixed fruit or the bowl its served in!

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, sorry, I overlooked, pro tem, just how many people may not have had the benefit of going to a church school where Latin and grammar were part of the curriculum. The name/term, compote, is derived from the Latin word compositus, meaning mixture.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Ah, sorry, I overlooked, pro tem, just how many people may not have had the benefit of going to a church school where Latin and grammar were part of the curriculum. The name/term, compote, is derived from the Latin word compositus, meaning mixture.

Not 'Non-compote mentis' then? :think::p;)

Not edgeumocated, me.. :(

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
My school just prepared you for life, with a beating weekley no lesson especially religion and foreign languages.

tac foley

Registered
11 Apr 2017
Near Huntingdon, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Sounds more like your school scarred you for life. Props to you for overcoming your violent education! :)