Harz snow plough

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
Started building the Harz 99-09-99 snow plough, here's a pic:
Seite19-unten.JPG

Pics of the first pieces of my model will be posted later today.

duncan1_9_8_4

Jack of all trades on the Railway
25 Oct 2009
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
Best answers
Country flag
hehe, had my picture taken alongside that, there was a witch in the window at the other side if i recall corectley. off to the harz in december, i hope the snow stays around as much as it is now, looking at the web cam. nice plow to build.

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
duncan1_9_8_4 said:
hehe, had my picture taken alongside that, there was a witch in the window at the other side if i recall corectley. off to the harz in december, i hope the snow stays around as much as it is now, looking at the web cam. nice plow to build.
Correct, there's a witch behind the window :)

If you are at Hasselfelde, can you take some more pictures of the plough for me? I already have quite a lot, but more is better :)

duncan1_9_8_4

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
yeah will do..... i have somemore on my proper computer i think. il post them when i transfer them. went there on the steam service, and the track was in appalling condition all the way to the junction, i hardley had a head on the rail.

duncan1_9_8_4

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
here's a picture, sorry about my dad in the picture, unless of course you want to model him too hehe.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
duncan1_9_8_4 said:
here's a picture, sorry about my dad in the picture, unless of course you want to model him too hehe.

No Dad's were harmed in the taking of this photo.

He is there purely for DR to get an idea of scale....

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Deutsche Reichsbahn said:
First pic:

IMG_1078%20(Small).JPG

I thought you might have used a donor underframe for your Plough construction, so this will be an interesting build indeed....

WillemD

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Belgium
Best answers
Gizzy said:
Deutsche Reichsbahn said:
First pic:

IMG_1078%20(Small).JPG

I thought you might have used a donor underframe for your Plough construction, so this will be an interesting build indeed....
Wanted to build everything from scratch.. :) And it's quite a long 'wheel'-base so couldn't use a standard LGB underframe.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
duncan1_9_8_4 said:

You going on the Steam Railway Trip, I am.
JonD

duncan1_9_8_4

25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
No, im doing it off my own back with the girlfriend. Flying from manchester to hannover, hireing a car and then driving to quedlinburg where we are staying. Going to get most of the harz network in, including the narrow gauge trams at nordhausen. also going to drive to the suburbs of hamburg and get the train into the city. i want to see the 'miniature wonderland' model railway there! also, got to fit in the 'brocken coaster' and the cable cars at wurmburg. cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!